Pricing

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
[nAc][ChUcK]

Pricing

Postby [nAc][ChUcK] » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:37 pm

ok i just recieved youe email stating that pricng is going down. well i just went to ur order page and put in exactly what i have now and the price is $19.50 MORE!!! As a customer of ECGN will my pricing stay the same or since it was merged is my pricing going to change? Or will i be "grandfathered" with my original price.

Casus

Postby Casus » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:48 pm

I assume you have a private server?

The new pricing is CHEAPER then the old ECGN pricing for *PUBLIC* Silver packages.

What are you paying now, what game, what count, and pub/priv?

Tom

mecujo

Noob-Q

Postby mecujo » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:50 am

Ok, stupid noob question:

What means this 'private' / 'public' server?

[Editor’s note: poor grammar intended] (Was that necessary?) You know what would be nice? A damn spell-checker, that's what. I suxor at spelling and with my 'old age' it's getting worse.

I'm just asking 'cause I noted the comments regarding the impending end of existing private servers and only public servers to be offered.

Is this as simple as a private server is paswrd protected and a public one generally open to public? It can't be that easy ... because I don't understand the comments made behind reasoning for discontinuing private servers.

Not in the market for a server; Just a stupid question ... wait, there are no stupid questions; just stupid people who ask questions.

Take care,

mecujo

'To err is human, to forgive, canine.'

:beer:

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Casus

The new pricing is CHEAPER then the old ECGN pricing for *PUBLIC* Silver packages.

Tom

no i have a public server 14 man with psychostats and i pay 50 dollars i did the same thing on the order page and you are 19.50 more.. unless i did something wrong, the game is counter strike.. let me know...

[nAc][ChUcK]

Postby [nAc][ChUcK] » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:57 pm

Tom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no i have a public server 14 man with psychostats and i pay 50 dollars i did the same thing on the order page and you are 19.50 more.. unless i did something wrong, the game is counter strike.. let me know...i was paying cheaper then the silver public pricing because i was around with ecgn before they implemented that price..

ECGNDan

Re: Noob-Q

Postby ECGNDan » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:27 pm

Originally posted by mecujo
Ok, stupid noob question:

What means this 'private' / 'public' server?

[Editor’s note: poor grammar intended] (Was that necessary?) You know what would be nice? A damn spell-checker, that's what. I suxor at spelling and with my 'old age' it's getting worse.

I'm just asking 'cause I noted the comments regarding the impending end of existing private servers and only public servers to be offered.

Is this as simple as a private server is paswrd protected and a public one generally open to public? It can't be that easy ... because I don't understand the comments made behind reasoning for discontinuing private servers.

Not in the market for a server; Just a stupid question ... wait, there are no stupid questions; just stupid people who ask questions.

Take care,

mecujo

'To err is human, to forgive, canine.'

:beer:

Yes, that's the only difference is that a passworded server is password protected & a public one is opened to the public.

We decided not to offer it because it costs more to run the server than the price would be in most cases. Other companies who offer private servers tend to put so many private servers on one box to make up for the cost, that they end up hurting server performance.

We offer our public servers at low prices, in the knowing that they can be used as private servers whenever a clan needs to password it for a match or for a scrimmage.

To make it clear, if a server company tells you they can afford to offer private servers, they're making practically no money, they're lying, or they put so many "private" servers on other boxes with public servers, they just end up hurting server performance.

I hope this kind of cleared it up for you :)

ECGNDan

Postby ECGNDan » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:31 pm

Originally posted by [nAc][ChUcK]

Tom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no i have a public server 14 man with psychostats and i pay 50 dollars i did the same thing on the order page and you are 19.50 more.. unless i did something wrong, the game is counter strike.. let me know...i was paying cheaper then the silver public pricing because i was around with ecgn before they implemented that price..

We'll offer you the same price you currently pay until you terminate your account for your public server. All paid for Mods, Stats, etc will remain the same as well. If you wish to change something you will be charged from our current costs.

I'm sure Tom will fill you in with some more details for your specific case.

Casus

Postby Casus » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:18 pm

Public server pricing will remain the same, we will honor public server pricing for ALL existing OC48 and ECGN customers.

NEW private servers are no longer available for order....however, existing PRIVATE server customers will remain intact for at LEAST 60 days.

Tom

Return to Q&A