New forums sending multiple emails?

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
RCinator

New forums sending multiple emails?

Postby RCinator » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:26 pm

Just wondering if other people are experiencing this. For the past day or so, I am getting multiple emails for an updated thread in the forums. Prior to this, I received one email the first time a thread was updated, and that was it until I logged in and viewed the thread. I would then receive another emai the next time it was updated, etc.

Anyone else notice this, or should I lay off the coffee?

Postby Giggles » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:59 pm

Sounds like you need to go to your "USER CP" menu, click on where it says "View subscribed threads" and then un-check them all. Then you will no longer get email notification every time that thread is updated.
If you post a "quick reply" to a thread you automatically subscribe to it, and get email notification, even if you want to or not.

Hope that helps,
Giggles.
:)

RCinator

Postby RCinator » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:07 pm

Originally posted by Giggles
Sounds like you need to go to your "USER CP" menu, click on where it says "View subscribed threads" and then un-check them all. Then you will no longer get email notification every time that thread is updated.
If you post a "quick reply" to a thread you automatically subscribe to it, and get email notification, even if you want to or not.

Hope that helps,
Giggles.
:)

It's not that I don't want the notifications - indeed I do - I'm just receiving multiple update notifications for the same thread. It should only be one notification per thread, regardless of how many posts have been added since the last time I read the thread. I should only receive this single notification until the next time I log in and view the thread (at least that's how it used to work).

:confused:

ECGNDan

Postby ECGNDan » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:46 pm

I'm getting it too, I don't know what's up yet....

We need to forums, IMO :)

Return to Q&A