question >>>>

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
Lt. Wilson

question >>>>

Postby Lt. Wilson » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:12 pm

isn't there a way you could put a real time chat room on this site with different catagories, similar to the threads in different areas (BF,RTCW etc...) instead of opening new threads? you could hop online ,come here, go the the area of choice, see who is in the room and chat( like on aol,yahoo,etc...) just seems to be a bit more simple, i could be wrong though...comments? suggestions? responses? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Lt. Wilson

Postby Lt. Wilson » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:13 pm

it would have helped big-time with the tourament yesterday....

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:20 pm

It would have to be very well organized, or you'd have a whole bunch of people not knowing who is talking to whom. It does seem like a good idea, though.

Postby Giggles » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:22 pm

......Well I got here first when I heard about the free pizza and beer, don't care for beer much, but can I have two big helpings of ham and mushroom pizza, oh and can I have a side salad with that? :D

Thanks!
Giggles.
:lol:

Lt. Wilson

Postby Lt. Wilson » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:30 pm

you would have your own screen-name show up in the "who's in this room' box...just like other chat rooms anywhere else....for example, right now people would see that you and i are in this certain room ( the Q @ A room ) talking ...they could join in if they liked, look at the forum right now, there are like 25 people signed on at the moment...you could go to the RTCW room and join in on real time chats with Heir, Zog, Nightraven, {ME}, and a lot others..then you could have like the "Jaccuzi Room" where most likely i would be in there with the ladies..Steph, Giggles, Starlight etc....it would be cool don't you think? i don't know if it costs money to put something like that on here but i would send a donation to help out, would probably bring a lot of us together as better friends than what i've been reading and seeing the last couple days...just a suggestion, no worries

DOPEY2

Postby DOPEY2 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:32 pm

Originally posted by Giggles
......Well I got here first when I heard about the free pizza and beer, don't care for beer much, but can I have two big helpings of ham and mushroom pizza, oh and can I have a side salad with that? :D

Thanks!
Giggles.
:lol:
:beer: :beer: :beer: I think you have it backwards nothing is like a couple of beers. LOL

Postby Giggles » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:34 pm

.....Nah....Give me a glass of milk anyday! ;)

Lt. Wilson

Postby Lt. Wilson » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:41 pm

see? how cool would this be , now Giggles and Dopey joined in but we wouldn't have to sit here reading and waiting for the threads to load...

Postby Ryan » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:30 pm

mIRC.. we have a channel in there.

I posted something about it in the news thread, but i will mention it again.

If you know anything about IRC, hop into #ecgn on GamesNET

If you dont know IRC, head on over to http://www.mirc.com and download the latest client. When youre done, load it up, and select the server as "GamesNET" and choose either East or West coast. When youre connnected, type /join #ecgn and you will be instantly connected with about 40 other people!

Done Deal.

Lt. Wilson

Postby Lt. Wilson » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:22 am

yea, but i wanna talk to these people..i don't know anything about those people...know what i mean mang?

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:39 am

AWW WILSON WANTS A FRIEND

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:03 am

And who are you, Miss Unregistered? Anonymity is so brave.

[RD]{gen}Beast

Postby [RD]{gen}Beast » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:18 am

Originally posted by Giggles
.....Nah....Give me a glass of milk anyday! ;)

:beer: :beer: :beer: gimmi beer though:lol:

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:16 am

You can create a room all your own in most IRC hangouts. get mIRC and then try it out. That is exactly what you want, honest, all of the gaming clans I have been in have had an IRC room.

Casus

Postby Casus » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:04 am

I've added an ECGN Chat off the left hand Main Menu, no need to download a new program!

Perhaps this will increase the traffic in #ecgn.

Tom

Next

Return to Q&A