sponsoring clans?

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
dw|-opticaL

sponsoring clans?

Postby dw|-opticaL » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:15 pm

my clan is looking for a company to sponsor us with a server.. we are a fairly new clan just getting off our feet and are going to be joining cal-o and ugs-o next seasons, yet we need a server to practice and match/scrim on.. if you guys are interested in this plz email me at : m1ch4el@maine.rr.com or talk to dw|-optical or dw|-insured in #deadweight on east.gamesnet.net (irc)

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:33 pm

We currently do not offer sponsorships

Postby SilverSurfer » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:36 pm

good try dude :)
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

Postby ShipWreck » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:42 am

heh, if they did that they would have no servers left :P

Postby SilverSurfer » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:51 am

mg if you change your mind let me know :p
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

[RD]{gen}Beast

Postby [RD]{gen}Beast » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:22 am

yeah lol sponsor my new clan too:D!

Postby Evan » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:49 pm

:tard:

Ban! Ban! Ban! :D
Image.

Gusbenz3000

Postby Gusbenz3000 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:03 am

I need a clan. :beer:

-=LOW=-Random

big balls

Postby -=LOW=-Random » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:25 am

I can see enthusiasm bubbling over when I read about someone wanting to be sponsored. I appreciate that pure unadulterated feeling. But I also am galled by what people are thinking sometimes. I have had a couple of emails sent directly to me asking virtually the same thing.

"Hey, we have a clan. If you want to join that would be okay. But we really need to use your server for practices. Can you send me the admin info? Please?"

I don't know. Maybe I am missing something here but I am paying quite a lot of money for this server and to me when someone asks to borrow the server they are basically asking to steal my money. Nobody ever offers to pay to borrow the server, which would be a different matter entirely. Not that I would do it but at least it would be a fair offer.

This isn't a rant against these requests. I just find it curious and a little amusing. I guess my best advice to those without servers and in need of one would be.... ask people you might actually get money from to pay for a server. Like mom or dad. Not that any parent is willing going to part with hundreds of dollars for such a thing... but hey, you never know.

I have the benefit of having my own job and making my own dough and being able to afford my server. I feel like my generosity is pretty much at it's limit by providing this 24 player server publicly. And in reality, my time on the server is limited due to work and life so if any enterprising people wanted to practice on my server they probably could. They just wouldn't have admin. Anyway, I guess I am saying I never knew that some people had such big balls. More power to em, but swinging them in my face ain't gonna get them anywhere... ;)

Return to Q&A