Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:23 pm

Whats the easiest way to get/make an avatar. Keep in mind that I'm computer challenged.

WAR HELPING ICEMAN

regards, Iceman41

Postby Camel toe joe » Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:16 am

well you can use pretty much any picture, but you have to have some basic knowlege of a paint program and the one that comes with windows is way too limited you can download a demo version of paint shop pro http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?

or you could always ask someone to make one for you;)

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:39 pm

Take any picture and make it 100pixels by 100pixels and you'll be good iceman, just try to find something that looks good that small. Good luck man.

Postby Chacal » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:11 pm

Originally posted by Camel toe joe
well you can use pretty much any picture

YOU certainly did. :D

Postby Giggles » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:22 pm

For those of you wanting to add an avator to your post but have no idea how to do it, then here is where I share my knowledge with you....Which is in short supply I must add.....

1)From the main menu, you first need to go into USER CP
2)There's some task bars near the top, you need to select the Edit Options (not profile options) button.
3)Scroll to the bottom of the yes/no questions screen...At the very bottom, you will see the word Avator, Hit the change avator button.
4) A new screen pops up, Select custom avators, and click on the yes box where it says upload pic...Click on the browse button to upload a pic from your PC.
5) the pic you choose has got to be no more than 100x100 pixels or no greater than 40kb.
6)Press the submit button and your'e finished. (then go have a look at your last post to see if your pic has appeared).

Hope that helps!
Best regards,
Giggles.
:lol:

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:01 pm

Hey Ice, let me know if you want to just send me a pic and I could fix it up for ya if you still can't figure it out, I know your not stupid but you haven't replied so yeah good luck:D

Return to Q&A