kick log?

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.

kick log?

Postby Vamprey » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:22 am

I was wondering if there is some place to go and do a quick check and see why a kick occured and if it was auto or admin that did it? I am aware of the whining forum. I was just wondering if there was a log posted somewhere to get details without taking up admin time with the Q&A whining process.

Dutchy (nl)

Postby Dutchy (nl) » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:44 am

I think that's a good idea, but I guess there is an easier way that you do not have to lsee why you have been kicked: Be sure you don't get kicked and read the ECGN rules!!! :P :violin: :roll: :rotflmao:

Re: kick log?

Postby Camel toe joe » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:06 am

Originally posted by Vamprey
I was wondering if there is some place to go and do a quick check and see why a kick occured and if it was auto or admin that did it? I am aware of the whining forum. I was just wondering if there was a log posted somewhere to get details without taking up admin time with the Q&A whining process.

Sorry vamprey..only admins have access to such logs and it wouldn't be practical to post. if you aren't on Teamspeak it would bea good idea to check it out, since it's easier to get in touch with an admin.

Postby Vamprey » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:45 pm

I have read the rules. Both times I was recently kicked I was following them. The first time the admin said it was a mistake and the second was a bot auto-kick for uncertain reasons. The second time I did have one accidental tk when someone that should have easily seen the mines I placed ran over a mine instead of taking the shorter route off to the right. One solo unintentional tk is not a kick offense. If it were on purpose that would be a kick offense. At least that is my understanding of rule 7.

In addition to kicking for rule breaking there seems to be a lot of lattitude to kick for other reasons. Recently I saw somebody kicked for having to short a name. Yes that is what the screen message said. The player was using the name "player". Nothing in the rules says that is a rule violation. It seems people are also being kicked for poor attitude and sportsmanship. While I agree these people should be kicked, there is no rule against being a bad teammate. Perhaps there should be a 10th rule stating "Acting in an antisocial manner that ruins the gaming experience for all is a kickable offense.".

The only way to learn from mistakes is to understand them. If a person is kicked without understanding why how can they avoid repeating whatever got them kicked?

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:51 pm

Originally posted by Vamprey
If a person is kicked without understanding why how can they avoid repeating whatever got them kicked?

By coming here, like your have, and asking questions. :)

There are unofficial rules, such as the ones you have noticed. Being a Smacktard is a kickable offense and anyone behaving in such a manner knows they are doing such and therefore no 'official' rule is needed in this regard.

Regarding the 'Player' being kicked. We kick people using this name because the person needs to choose a 'real' nickname. The message should have read 'illegal name'.

With that said however, we DO kick for too short a name. One of the reasons for this is because is that these people are usually trying to be sn1porz and choosing a short name so that they won't be seen. As I mentioned in another post, sn1porz are frowned upon (at least by me :) ) because they usually do not contribute to the team effort.

Postby s.s. one person » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:39 pm

i have never heard of sn1porz before..... is that like smacktard?

cashcow

Postby cashcow » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:58 pm

sn1porz = snipers, you n00bie.

Once I was kicked at the start of the game for getting into the Stuka... I didn't drive to it. :confused:

Return to Q&A