Damn Questions

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
El Cid

Damn Questions

Postby El Cid » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:07 pm

Hey, this is really getting me mad. I recently got RTCW again, and now Im trying to get everything set up straight.

I got a script file from Zog's Dog's and all I want is to exec it in during the game, duh!. But whenever I do it I get negative response. The problem I think is that the file was saved as a text file, and it should be a .cfg file. So how on earth do you save something .cfg?

Lastly, I cant connect to OC48. I blame this on the Castle Wolfenstein program code. Have you ever noticed when you try to add a favorite by adding the IP address that the interface doesnt let you enter the address? Every time you enter a number it skips to the Name row, until entering an IP becomes impossible. The only way I can connect to oc48 is to enter the IP address through the dialog box.

Okay hope somebody has some answers. thanks

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:28 pm

Thanks to Lord Zog for clarifying to me that saving extension in windows XP requires deselecting 'hide file extensions' in the folder options. Still I would like to know how to connect to the server. Please Help!

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:13 pm

-----just figured out tht you cant use the keypad...hmmm..

Keypad

Postby Lord ZOG » Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:38 pm

Yeah that keypad thing screwed me up, too. No mention of it in any manual, and as far as I know most people use the keypad before they start hunting and pecking for numbers on the top row.

Crazy RtCW programmers?
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:41 pm

All I can say is now I know.:) It really funny that such little things cause me such trouble. I was frustrated that as soon as I typed in the 7 the cursor would move to the name row. I was like doing it over and over, but to no avail. Ahh.

Feindlich

Postby Feindlich » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:43 am

to go into the RtCW server, i just load up wolfmp and then hit "`" and type in "/connect 205.177.13.42:27960" and press enter. To those slow, the quotations are excluded when typing in. I dont see a problem with doing this. ;)

Return to Q&A