May 15th new Linkin Park album

Do you like Rock? Do you like Hip Hop? Or are you the type that likes to ease back and listen to some classical music? Either way, let us know! Welcome to the ECGN music section!
Location: Owning a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet. At first you surprise everyone, but in th

Re: May 15th new Linkin Park album

Postby gowhitesox99 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:29 am

no way!!! The 1st 2 don't have any dud songs at all. The 3rd one has 3 or 4 that are just kinda blah..... very dissapointed. So upset that I didnt buy tickets for their concert, and also because the concert is them and like 100 other bands, it kills a whole day basically.
Weasel!!

Image;Image

Postby King » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:27 am

Sorry all bands can't be of the Blur/Oasis/David and Posh Spice/Stereophonics/and whoever you want to name here quality. Everyone has an opinion about music, can criticize it to no end but in all reality 90% of the world is tone-deaf and incapable of criticizing shit. Most musicians (if they are the true artists making music to make music instead of money) can find something good and inspirational in any type of music.

A lot of people are closet LP fans because in the metal/rock world they aren't Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage or anything of like. Its sad to say anyway that if an artist or group can put out an album with about 3 to 5 like-able songs, then thats probably an album to pick up. There is rarely a classic album nowadays that can rock front to back.

The last one i heard that i thoroughly enjoy front to back was Oasis' "Standing on the Shoulder of Giants" album. Before that? I'm not embarrassed to say The Cranberries "Everyone else is doing it so why can't we?" followed up with Metallica's "black" album and G N'R's Appetite.
"Whats the Situation?" "Two blokes and a fuckload of cutlery!"

Be my Cronie! http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=61909

Postby SavageParrot » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:25 am

King wrote:Sorry all bands can't be of the Blur/Oasis/David and Posh Spice/Stereophonics/and whoever you want to name here quality. Everyone has an opinion about music, can criticize it to no end but in all reality 90% of the world is tone-deaf and incapable of criticizing shit. Most musicians (if they are the true artists making music to make music instead of money) can find something good and inspirational in any type of music.

A lot of people are closet LP fans because in the metal/rock world they aren't Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage or anything of like. Its sad to say anyway that if an artist or group can put out an album with about 3 to 5 like-able songs, then thats probably an album to pick up. There is rarely a classic album nowadays that can rock front to back.

The last one i heard that i thoroughly enjoy front to back was Oasis' "Standing on the Shoulder of Giants" album. Before that? I'm not embarrassed to say The Cranberries "Everyone else is doing it so why can't we?" followed up with Metallica's "black" album and G N'R's Appetite.

Meh Oasis, 1 good album and then they have been singing the same song with different lyrics ever since; Manx twats. Stereophonics are welsh so enough said and sweet lord if David Beckham ever decides to sing I hope someone has cut off my ears and hammered spoons into my eardrums first, his wife is shit enough for both of them. Blur have done some good stuff but they are a little 1995 if you know what I mean. Nothing wrong with the cranberries 'Zombie' is still a fucking great track, Appetite's a rite of passage as is metallica's black album, in fact I dusted of appetite just the other day for it's anual outing :)

I have no problem with Linkin Parks songs in particular it's just that when ever he's not screaming he sounds like the member of a boy band and when he is screaming , well he's screaming , that shit's annoying... It's pop rock pretending to have heart, like listening to teenage angst when they are convinced they know all the answers, it bugs me. To be fair though if they got someone other than the little whiny biatch to sing them, they might have some decent songs. Need to lose the decks though, if ever there was a a contrived gimic for a band that's it...
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Location: Owning a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet. At first you surprise everyone, but in th

Postby gowhitesox99 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:23 am

good call w/ Black album and Appetite from GNR, those both kick ass.

Some other ones that come to mind is anything from Phil Vasser (country, love every one of his albums).

Megadeath, Countdown to Extinction, awesome!!

Hinder - still not sick of that album yet.

nickelback - recent one, name is escaping me now.
Weasel!!

Image;Image

Previous

Return to Music