Alien vs. Predator 2

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

Alien vs. Predator 2

Postby jenky33 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:50 pm

this one might be ok...its going to be rated-R, not pg-13 like the first AVP

http://www.reelzchannel.com/moviedetail.aspx?movieid=225275&clipid=17191

Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Yes. Yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it… "This Land."
Wash [as Allosaurus]: I think we should call it "your grave"!
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Ahh! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Wash [as Allosaurus]: Har har har! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
[The Allosaurus attacks the Stegosaurus.]
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Ohhh, no, God! Oh, dear God in heaven!

Re: Alien vs. Predator 2

Postby cavalierlwt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 am

I couldn't help it, I enjoyed AvP the first time around. It didn't matter how bad the setup was,the characters, storyline...whatever. I guess it's just something hardwired within me--I like seeing Aliens fight Predators. Same thing with dinosaurs, particularly T-Rex. You don't need to string together any storyline for me, just give me 90 minutes of the the "Jurassic Park" style T-Rex walking around eating people and I'm happy as a clam!
Failing to plead
with a throat full of dust
Life falls asleep
in a fetal position.

Postby SavageParrot » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah I liked it too. It was a good honest action movie. It never pretended to be anything deeper or other than what it was. I couldn't understand people crapping on it for lacking a plot. Criticisng action movies for a lack of plot is like criticising boobies for lacking a bra, it's pretty clear somewhere along the way you missed the point.

The worst action films IMO are the ones that try and tack a vastly over complicated and inadequately explained plot over the top (Like The Matrix 2 and 3) or those that have a really stupid and unrealistic plot (like Waterworld).

You need just enough plot to build suspense for the action sequences (otherwise you end up yawning through the action as anyone who watched ultraviolet can tell you) and that's it.

Of course that said I won't be dashing out to the cinema to watch it but I'll be quite happy to rent it out when it's released on dvd and watch it with a few beers.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby Stl Lunatic » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 pm

I too also liked the first A Vs. P for the great action and suspense it generates. I think I might go see avs.p 2 in thetres, just depends on how much I like the previews for it. I myself am looking forward to Shrek3 more than Alien Versus Predator.

Return to Movies