Grindhouse

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

Grindhouse

Postby jenky33 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:23 pm

http://www.grindhousemovie.net/
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2007/DEFGH/Grindhouse/trailer.php

SYNOPSIS

Grindhouse – noun – A downtown movie theater - in disrepair since its glory days as a movie palace of the '30s and '40s - known for "grinding out" non-stop double-bill programs of B-movies. From groundbreaking directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez comes the ultimate film experience: a double-bill of thrillers that will recall both filmmakers’ favorite exploitation films. “Grindhouse” will be presented as one full-length feature comprised of two individual films helmed separately by each director. Tarantino’s film, “Death Proof,” is a rip-roaring slasher flick where the killer pursues his victims with a car rather than a knife, while Rodriguez’s film explores an alien world eerily familiar to ours in “Planet Terror.” Welcome to the Grindhouse - it’ll tear you in two.

"Death Proof" stars Kurt Russell, Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson, Vanessa Ferlito, Jordan Ladd, Rose McGowan, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Marley Shelton, Tracie Thoms, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Michael Bacall, Eli Roth, Omar Doom; "Planet Terror" stars Freddy Rodriguez, Rose McGowan, Josh Brolin, Naveen Andrews, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Stacy Ferguson, Jeff Fahey, Michael Parks
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Yes. Yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it… "This Land."
Wash [as Allosaurus]: I think we should call it "your grave"!
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Ahh! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Wash [as Allosaurus]: Har har har! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
[The Allosaurus attacks the Stegosaurus.]
Wash [as Stegosaurus]: Ohhh, no, God! Oh, dear God in heaven!

Re: Grindhouse

Postby Sabres » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:48 pm

I heard this movie was suppose to bring on a whole new movie genre of "ultraviolent". But the previews didn't look to violent to me.

Postby CodeRed68 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:38 pm

well this came out of nowhere (to me at least).. saw the trailer on tv the other day.. looks awesome!!
thanks to Spirit of Me for the sig!

Postby cavalierlwt » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:14 pm

This is one of the few movies I want to see. I read some reviewer complain about one segment that has dozens and dozens of topless women and over the top violence. Just makes me want to see it more.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm
Failing to plead
with a throat full of dust
Life falls asleep
in a fetal position.

Postby King » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 pm

cavalierlwt wrote:This is one of the few movies I want to see. I read some reviewer complain about one segment that has dozens and dozens of topless women and over the top violence. Just makes me want to see it more.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

Over the top violence and topless chicks. Sounds like a good time. Also sounds like this reviewer sucks balls.

Postby Sabres » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:07 am

That review makes the movie seem pretty damn gross. Anyone see it tonight?

Postby Lord ZOG » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Planet Terror is gross, violent, funny, engrossing and totally watchable.

Death Proof put me to sleep. Uninteresting men in women's bodies swearing, trying to talk intelligently and coming off like a bunch of monkeys in a zoo hurling shit at each other.

When the women acting as attractive, intelligent people (and failing miserably) finally got sliced up, I was hoping and praying that would be the end of the movie...but I was in for yet another hour or more unintersting, unattractive women blathering mindless ghetto talk ad-nauseum.

Do yourself a favor; when the first feature ends, go home. Save yourself the agony of sitting through the waste of time that follows.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Postby Darknut » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:30 am

Lord ZOG wrote:Planet Terror is gross, violent, funny, engrossing and totally watchable.

Death Proof put me to sleep. Uninteresting men in women's bodies swearing, trying to talk intelligently and coming off like a bunch of monkeys in a zoo hurling shit at each other.

When the women acting as attractive, intelligent people (and failing miserably) finally got sliced up, I was hoping and praying that would be the end of the movie...but I was in for yet another hour or more unintersting, unattractive women blathering mindless ghetto talk ad-nauseum.

Do yourself a favor; when the first feature ends, go home. Save yourself the agony of sitting through the waste of time that follows.

Yeah, I liked Planet Terror more than Death Proof but at least in Death Proof they gave it a proper ending. None of that crying bullshit you find in most other movies involving a pyscho killer.

But that Machette preview... oh man that better be their next movie.

RTCW Admin

Postby CHICK » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:54 am

Quentin Tarantino has always done right by me.
There's only one crime in nature which is stupidity, and the punishment is death.

Return to Movies