Blades of Glory

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

Blades of Glory

Postby cavalierlwt » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:02 pm

Not worth seeing at the theaters. I kinda got dragged to it by a friend. I like Will Ferrell, and ole Napolean Dynamite is good, but the movie just sucks. It does have a lot funny images, but the overall movie is just a dud, even if you like these two guys. It felt like one of the SNL skits that was ok but just went on way too long, got stretched out into a full length movie. Better off just catching it on cable.
Failing to plead
with a throat full of dust
Life falls asleep
in a fetal position.

Re: Blades of Glory

Postby Sabres » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Will Ferrel's best movie still is Anchorman in my mind. :lol:

Re: Blades of Glory

Postby Cleatus703 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:14 pm

Yikes. I'd go with Old School, but maybe that's because he doesn't have the leading role in that one. Most of his recent body of work has been basically extended character riffs that were a little one note in character. I did laugh at Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, but they were a pretty inconsistent.

Return to Movies