Greatest movie speeches

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...
Location: Owning a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet. At first you surprise everyone, but in th

Re: Greatest movie speeches

Postby gowhitesox99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 am

V for Vendetta, I just tivo'd that on HBO, havent watched it yet. Looked like it had a lot of cool fight scenes
Weasel!!

Image;Image

Postby Lord ZOG » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:43 am

Cool, if you like the idea of Richard Simmons fighting Michael Jackson in a bitch-slapping, eye-scratching kind of way.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Postby SavageParrot » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 am

lol it's not quite that bad but I take your point :)
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby Sabres » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:32 pm

V For Vendetta wasn't anywhere near my favorite movie, but I didn't think it was as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Location: Owning a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet. At first you surprise everyone, but in th

Postby gowhitesox99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:23 pm

Lord ZOG wrote:Cool, if you like the idea of Richard Simmons fighting Michael Jackson in a bitch-slapping, eye-scratching kind of way.

now that would be a good fight to the death, hopefully ending in a tie
Weasel!!

Image;Image

Postby SavageParrot » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:13 pm

Better still let them use Paris and Nicole as swords. Lord knows they are thin and dense enough for the purpose...
TT clan forums

Postby Lord ZOG » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:36 pm

Hugo Weaving was in V for Vendetta? Was he "V"? I guess I missed him.

Speaking of Speeches and Hugo Weaving;

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Postby Sabres » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Lord ZOG wrote:Hugo Weaving was in V for Vendetta? Was he "V"?

Yes, he played V. Although I don't think you ever see his face.

Postby DocTrebor » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:58 am

anything from boondock saints

Postby SavageParrot » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:11 pm

If they had got a better actor than the young indiana jones kid to do that film it could have been really good, as it was it joins the file of really shit Irish accents and can be safely filed under pedestrian...
TT clan forums

Postby DocTrebor » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:08 pm

SavageParrot wrote:If they had got a better actor than the young indiana jones kid to do that film it could have been really good, as it was it joins the file of really shit Irish accents and can be safely filed under pedestrian...

you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about

Postby SavageParrot » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Lol I actually own the film so it's not like I hated it. My 2 complaints were as I said that his Irish accent was shit, and I live a lot closer to Ireland to be able to verify that, and that his acting was pretty wank as well, which is pretty much born out by his less than glittering movie career afterwards. Other than that the script was good, the directing was sound, I liked the concept and Billy Connelly is a legend, all be it a Scottish not and Irish one but then you guys can't tell the difference apparently. Don't get me wrong it's enjoyable enough but it could have been REALLY good if they had ditched the muppet, or in fact both of the leads as they were equally uninspiring.

The funniest part is with a name like Sean Patrick Flanery you'd think an Irish accent would be something he wouldn't find too challenging. I guess at least his isn't quite as awful as the other guys. Really couldn't see the point of the accent anyway. Sure they are Irish american but there's not reason for them to have an accent and if the accent was that important why not just get Irish actors instead of halfassing it. It's kind of like the Die Hard Movies (which I still love before you accuse me of pissing on an institution) but more annoying. Why cast Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons both of whom have wicked English accents and then get them to do half arsed German ones? Why not just alter the script and have English bad guys? It's not like it would have affected the story...

So lets go to the ultimate arbiter for the result:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2000/BNDST.php

Oooh ouch $7,000,000 to make, $250,000 worldwide gross. Hmmn let me see that's $6,750,000 loss. Looks like I'm in the majority here m8 ;)

...and yeah I know that's not afair assessment because the film got canned after Columbine but sheet it sure is funny :D
TT clan forums

Postby Cleatus703 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:01 pm

SavageParrot wrote:It's kind of like the Die Hard Movies (which I still love before you accuse me of pissing on an institution) but more annoying. Why cast Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons both of whom have wicked English accents and then get them to do half arsed German ones? Why not just alter the script and have English bad guys? It's not like it would have affected the story...

Because everyone knows the Germans are evil, half of them are Communists wishing to return to the good old days and the other half are Nazis longing for a return to the good old days. Zey speak vis funny akzents (and, yes, before you ask, I lived there for six years and am exaggerating) and we're about due for another ill-fated go-round of German domination of Europe.

The Brits are known for great nature documentaries, bland food, bad dentistry, great rock bands, and the silly concept of monarchy. Look at the most recent Bond villian who was British - he was a freakin' media mogul but who was his right hand man and enforcer? A German. Look at Dr. Evil - who was his right hand woman? Frau Farbissina - a German. Look at the early Bond movies - who was the consistent villian? Ernst Blofeld...another German. It's a tradition of German villians to which homage must be paid.

JK

Postby SavageParrot » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:24 am

So have an English bad guy and give him a german sidekick, what's the problem. Anyway german bad guys are only scary when they don't speak ;)
TT clan forums

Postby CodeRed68 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:01 pm

You know the flick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvcs1ZbNPYU

-It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
-Hit it.
thanks to Spirit of Me for the sig!

PreviousNext

Return to Movies