Cloverfield

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

Re: Cloverfield

Postby Lord ZOG » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Here's someone's interpretation of it.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/the-cloverfield-monster-revealed/

The pictures are close, but picture a smoother skin and a more rounded head.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/serversphere/?action=view¤t=monster.flv

Here's a small animated .GIF from the best look at the monster late in the film;
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Postby cavalierlwt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:43 am

I found this drawing on the web, it's pretty good. I changed the eyes (well, the one eye you can see in this perspective) and made the mouth/teeth bigger. About half it's face is just a huge mouth of huge teeth. Behind the eye(s) and mouth, those are not ears. They puff in and out like gills or airbags.

He missed that there are a small set of arms attached to the mid chest. Also. the forearms are really long and skinnier, are jointed the reverse of the way a persons arms are jointed--best description would be the wing of a bat when it's folded up. In fact, the creature could stand up straight, but often seemed to crawl on the ground, pulling itself forward with those bat-like arms. The drawing doesn't do it justice, it's much much scarier.

Because of those batwing like arms and it's usually prone position, it can intantly get it's face (and mouth!) to ground level. It's not like Godzilla where it's head is always 300 ft up in the air and oblivious to the poor bastards on the ground.

The creature below the cloverfield monston is an enlarged drawing of the parasites that drop off the monster. I didn't get a good look at them, so I'll trust whoever drew this. I just remember lots of arms.
Failing to plead
with a throat full of dust
Life falls asleep
in a fetal position.

Postby Sabres » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:05 am

The one Cavalier posted in the closest in my opinion. That looks a lot like what I remember from the movie.

Postby Tchinnychin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Just saw this today and loved it. I recommend you see this in the theater because the sound is key.:clap::beer:
Sig by tdwhite
[color="White"]Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
[/color]

Postby sreeja » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:33 am

Cloverfield” is nominally a monster movie, but mostly it’s a feature-length gimmick. It opens with some official-looking United States government text claiming that the following images were retrieved from what was once known as Central Park. The big (or rather only) idea here is that almost everything we subsequently see is the presumably unedited video material shot by Hud, who, though initially reluctant to pick up the camera, develops a mania for documentation once the monster strikes. So consummate is his dedication to his version of cinéma vérité that he keeps the camera plugged to his eye even while he’s running through hailstorms of debris, trying to cross a fast-collapsing bridge and witnessing friends melt down, bleed out and even die.

Postby Slaughter2 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Rand0m wrote:Right on! I hate when people say they will just wait for it to come out on DVD to rent it. No way! The movie experience should involve the big screen and loud speakers. I think I gotta go see this movie now just from talking about the theater. I love movies :D

Just watched it on OnDemand, man it was nice, as for the movie experience

watched it on my 60 inch flat, with surround sound 7.1 klipsch (my movie theater btw) the greatest part was when that thing was walking around city, my house was shaking

awesome movie, my wife hated it her quote, "I hate unrealistic movies"
damn and i thought all movies were real

Doug

PS I thought the monster looked more like a bat when it tries to walk on its "elbows"
"You Create Your Own Destiny"-Doug Kleitz

That's a [color="Red"]PRESENT[/color] from [color="DarkRed"]SLAUGHTER[/color]

[font="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Give respect you might get it back![/SIZE][/font] [SIZE="4"](a lesson in life as well as gaming) [/SIZE]

Previous

Return to Movies