Alien versus Predator Requiem

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

Alien versus Predator Requiem

Postby Darknut » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:59 pm

I saw this movie yesterday and I have to give it a "meh". Nothing special about it. No amazing fights, nothing dramatic, nothing scary. It's like the Rush Hour 3 of the Aliens and Predator movies. The only disturbing thing about the movie was the abundant use of anorexic women who looked like they did too much coke.

—Darknut

Re: Alien versus Predator Requiem

Postby Porsche_997 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:22 pm

All I have to say about Alien vs Predator (movie that came out a few years ago) is: :lol:

Postby Lord ZOG » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:30 pm

I think 20th Century Fox has just about bludgeoned this franchise with every hack loser screen-writer\director combination they can.

I've heard rumors of a James Cameron directed and written Alien 5, but anything I've seen online as far as potential screen plays have out-right sucked.

They need a prequel to the time between the original ending and the beginning of Aliens. I want to see the colonists struggle\fight. Something not chewed up and regurgitated by some hack Hollywood scribe hell bent on collecting his next month's rent check.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Postby cavalierlwt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:02 am

I'll still go see it. I don't even need a storyline or human actors, I could just watch 90 minutes of Aliens and Predators fighting. Same way I can watch 90 minutes of any big monster stopping the crap out of a city. I'm funny like that.
Failing to plead
with a throat full of dust
Life falls asleep
in a fetal position.

Postby Darknut » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:48 am

cavalierlwt wrote:I'll still go see it. I don't even need a storyline or human actors, I could just watch 90 minutes of Aliens and Predators fighting. Same way I can watch 90 minutes of any big monster stopping the crap out of a city. I'm funny like that.

It's ninety minutes of idiots and a tramp running around with the occasional five second alien or predator scene. The cinematography wasn't too great either. They used that fast cut style which makes it hard to track what is happening. Of course the real reason they did fast cuts is to make an otherwise impossible scene possible or a boring scene seem interesting.

—Darknut

Postby SavageParrot » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:14 am

Porsche_997 wrote:All I have to say about Alien vs Predator (movie that came out a few years ago) is: :lol:

I quite liked it. Didn't really need all the dialogue though, could have been a silent movie for all the difference the 'plot' made. As a kind of brainless 'look at the pretty lights and blood' film it was alright though.

cavalierlwt wrote:I'll still go see it. I don't even need a storyline or human actors, I could just watch 90 minutes of Aliens and Predators fighting. Same way I can watch 90 minutes of any big monster stopping the crap out of a city. I'm funny like that.

Me too. TBH I'll take no brainer action films over needlessly complicated and overly elaborate films made by directors that take themselves way too seriously *cough The Departed cough*

Besides lets face it Alien 1 was good, Aliens was cheesy but still good and anything beyond that was shit. Predator 1 was a cheese feast 2 was abominable so the amalgamation of the 2 was never gonna be a masterpiece.

It's kind of like the resident evil movies. Nobody's watching for plot they are just watching to see Jovovich in a short skirt kicking the head of zombies...and yeah she could do with eating a few sandwiches too, but I would still totally hit it, then feed her then hit it again.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Return to Movies