Switch to full style
Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...
Post a reply

The Story of iRobot and the Roomba

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:56 pm

iRobot is dedicated to creating realistic robotic solutions to real-world problems. Its robots are not far-flung, far-off science fiction, but robots for the real world. They are practical, reliable, innovative products that effectively answer users' needs with creative engineering and design. In the late '80s, the coolest robots in the world were being developed at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab. These robots, which were modeled on insects, captured the imagination of researchers, explorers, military, and dreamers alike. The threeiRobot founders, Rod Brooks, Colin Angle, and Helen Greiner, saw this technology as the basis for a whole new class of consumer products - ones that actually make life easier and more fun. Since people were calling to ask where to buy these robots after graduation, Colin and Helen left MIT in 1990 to work full time on fulfilling this promise. Along with being the iRobot Chairman and CTO, Rod Brooks is also the Director of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, where his goal is to understand and eventually have the robots display human intelligence. Today the company is pushing full steam ahead with robots for the consumer market, lead by the Roomba robotic vacuum, and is considered one of America's leading robotics R&D labs. This translates into a great benefit for customers: they're guaranteed cool robotic technology in every product the company makes.

Re: The Story of iRobot and the Roomba

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:22 pm

Wow a vacuum cleaner spam this is new. I feel dirty.:confused:

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:37 am

Don't know if I should delete it or not, if I do Chinny's post is going to look weird.
:beer:

Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Just edit the links to point to the homepage or something :D

Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:51 pm

A.M. Foxtrot wrote:Just edit the links to point to the homepage or something :D

Copy that :beer:

Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:41 pm

iRobot? They are SO getting sued by Apple.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Wow spam on spam. I am so going out tomorrow to buy a diamond encrusted roomba and I don't know why.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:10 pm

buy a roomba and put linux on it... then you can have a vac that dances too....

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Speaking of which, I saw WALL-E tonight. Was great.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:04 am

Chacal wrote:iRobot? They are SO getting sued by Apple.

I think they are powered by the sound of Asimov spinning in his grave....

Also Wall-E just looks like number 5's retarded little brother to me.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:59 pm

SavageParrot wrote:I think they are powered by the sound of Asimov spinning in his grave....

Also Wall-E just looks like number 5's retarded little brother to me.

<-------------------owns 3 !robots, best investment ever

The Story of iRobot and the Roomba

Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:29 am

the charm of Neverending story is from it NOT being CGI for me. The puppets and so on gave this movie a truly fantastical feel that will simply be abse3nt if they use CGI I think.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Neverending story? I think this guy is a bot.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Chacal wrote:Neverending story? I think this guy is a bot.

I agree
Post a reply