In to the Wild

Have you ever wanted to be the next Roger Ebert and critique movies? Not sure if you should get that HD-DVD or Blu-Ray version of your favorite movie? Well look no further as ECGN welcomes you to the movies! Please, no cell phones...

In to the Wild

Postby jim.morrison » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Just watched this movie I had no clue what it was about and then at some point I realized I recall really wanting to see this movie. First I really liked the movie being a fan of nature and free spirit. The other kicker was the soundtrack done by/with Eddie Vedder (He does most of the vocals) was another plus.

On to the film, 2.5 hrs long however was consistently interesting considering he is constantly traveling and doing new things so it's kind of whats going to happen next. I felt there weren't really any down times where I was thinking off movie. Emile Hersch really held his own in this flick I remember him in Milk (another good film w/ Sean Penn *who made this film) and this is quite a jump.

Lots of words up there but I would definitely say it's worth the watch. Think Jack Kerouac On the Road.

RTCW Admin

Re: In to the Wild

Postby Macabre » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 pm

My girlfriend picked this movie out one night for us to watch. She usually makes me sit through some non-guy crap like sisterhood of the travelling pants or devil wears prada but to her credit this was a pretty good movie.

I always did like Emile Hirsch, probably since seeing The Girl Next Door and yes he did do a good job in this movie. I have also always liked Katherine Keener and was glad to see her in the movie and with a good/cool role. Honestly i was not aware that Sean Penn Directed this movie. I will have to go back and watch it again to pay more attention to the direction than to the story but from watching it once it seems he did a fine job.

This movie is also based on a true story which makes it even more interesting.

Postby Chacal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:55 pm

I smell a bot. What do you guys think?
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby picmip » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Chacal wrote:I smell a bot. What do you guys think?

chacal you need your head checked. not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer now are we? :clap:

That's Morrison he's a regular here, do you even have a clue chacal? i mean seriously how did you make "head admin" around here?

Revoked? Y.1 N.0

Get with the program.

Postby BladeRunner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm

I agree, looks like a bot to me.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby jim.morrison » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm

Oh god whats the punishment for cyborgism?

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:08 pm

LoL Jim :)
Most of us know that Chacal is talking about atosula09, is he/it a spam bot or not.

If cyborgism equates to a spam bot then it means account deletion.
:beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby Chacal » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

picmip is pissed off because for a while I couldn't determine if he was a bot or not after he posted some spam about meds, because all his posts are generic crap like what a bot does. Actually, like the "atosula09" bot above.

He turned out not to be a bot, even though he still fails the Turing test, which is a test of ability to demonstrate intelligence. His post above is a case in point.

So far I have not acted about his insulting behavior because I'm tolerant of people with intellectual difficulties, and because I try to not intervene on the Wolf side of the forum. But there is a limit to such tolerance.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"

Postby picmip » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Chacal wrote:picmip is pissed off because for a while I couldn't determine if he was a bot or not after he posted some spam about meds, because all his posts are generic crap like what a bot does. Actually, like the "atosula09" bot above.

He turned out not to be a bot, even though he still fails the Turing test, which is a test of ability to demonstrate intelligence. His post above is a case in point.

So far I have not acted about his insulting behavior because I'm tolerant of people with intellectual difficulties, and because I try to not intervene on the Wolf side of the forum. But there is a limit to such tolerance.

I choose to discontinue all communication with you as it will result in me being banned for making you look flawed and unprofessional, that being said, keep hunting bots and posting in sections of the forums that you don't even relate to.:tard:

Postby Chacal » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Sounds like a plan. You do that.
I, of course, will do whatever I want.

BTW, your post actually made sense this time. Congrats.
Chacal

Return to Movies