New Comp!

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
(>Tool<)

New Comp!

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:48 am

My new computer will be built this evening, I am acquiring all the parts to finish it in a few hours, so if you see me on wolf tonight my baby is up and running. P4 2.4ghz (going to OC that) GeForce 4mx 420 (sad card[OC'ed not too bad], but only real upgrade needed is new vid card) 1 Gig pc2100 DDR ram, 17" moniter, optical mouse and eagle (q-Window) case with 7 total fans. I'll probabily post a pic of it if I get my pencam to work cause I'm gonna take Edogg and Zogs advise and use cable ties to neaten everything appropriatly. This computer project has been a colaberation of many things I learned from Edogg and Zog (and others) as well as some trusted friends and schooling. So thank you Zog and Dog (shortened :D) for you input in my forums. happy gaming everyone! ;)

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:36 pm

well tool, I hope everything goes without a hitch. I hope you do get some pictures of it up. I hope to get some pictures of mine up once i get a hold of a digital camera. I hope you enjoy your new rig. :cool:

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:29 pm

Yeah I have it all right now, just waiting for my friend so he can supervise me. I got the Gigabyte motherboard cause the assholes sold the Asus I asked them to hold for me. Is the gigabyte titan 845E a piece of shit? I hope not, the guy told me it was more stable then the Asus but comperable in performance, hit me back..........

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:45 pm

I haven't ever had any issues with Gigabyte... but I love the Salesman's pitch to push you over to another product on behalf of them screwing up.. I hope they offered you a discount..

and thank God you have finally gotten your parts... I was ready to read a post saying that you had decided to take a road-trip to the manufactureres sites to pick up the parts personally... If there is one thing I have learned from these posts is that you are a bit excited about this pc build.. I am sure that it will kick much ass after all is said and done.. have fun!!!!

:beer:

coolioshyena

Geez...

Postby coolioshyena » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:00 pm

I usually get stuf in 1-2 buisnes days, provided they don't screw up. I know when i got my new rig i had to re-order and buy the retail boxed CPUs because they couldn't get the OEM ones! and i had to pay more for that and then the saturday delivery!

[WEF]Herr Renz

Postby [WEF]Herr Renz » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:13 pm

i think the vid.card (geforce4 ti4200 128megs 8x) is the only thing at my comp that is up-to-date... but i'm proud on my 650mhz athlon :p

coolioshyena

Dude...

Postby coolioshyena » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:18 pm

Dude, can i tweak yer athlon? :D I've got old Slot type CPUs to 1.3GHz before :)

Cowgomoo

Postby Cowgomoo » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:15 pm

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*crying*
my parents dont trust me for crap when it comes to computers. if mine brakes down, its my fault (even if im at school when it does) to top it off, the wont let me custom order ours.

so, im stuck with a 1.72 ghz, p4, 256 mb ram (:() and a 64 mb tnt2:mad: grr......if only i could custom order...

im sitting here holding bf1942...but cant play it, haha.

[WEF]Herr Renz

Postby [WEF]Herr Renz » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:33 pm

my mom thinks that my comp crashes because of the voilence in RtCW... :|

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:06 pm

Well I'm up and running on my new comp, no problems at all, actually the only hold up I really ran into was having to switch the jumper on my CDRW lol that was it!, see ya on the beach!

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:34 am

shhh... Tool, we techs need to keep having people think that building a pc is tough work and takes alot of computer know-how.. :P

glad to hear all went smooth.. enjoy the higher frame rates..

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:59 pm

Yeah my benchmark (with shitty GF4 mx420) went from 2,900 in my compaq 1 Gigahertz to 4,600 in my new comp and this damn card isn't even AGP, sometime I'll get a nice card and rocket off into heaven! :lol:

Return to The Smokin' Room