ps4 or xbox one?

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
RTCW Admin

ps4 or xbox one?

Postby magus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 am

Not sure how many of you dedicated wolf nuts will even own a console, but as a commited xbox owner I am struggling to find a reason to stay loyal with all of this "always online" and "not being able to sell/trade old games" nonsense from microsoft. My only judgement against ps4 is that I played GTA4 on both xbox 360 and ps3 and the framerate and gameplay was much smoother on xbox- and I wonder if there will be the same issue on the next gen consoles. So as it stands, I'm thinking ps4- anyone have any opinions? Thanks

Re: ps4 or xbox one?

Postby 'L0, » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 am

In order to release a game on xbox, game must comply with bunch of microsoft standards. While bug hunting falls down to each developer, standards must be meet in order to even be able to release it. Ps doesn't or at least it didn't have such a standards check afaik. It only had guides as of hardware requirements but it didn't had strict criteria so peak and flow were not handled with such a care as on xbox (depending of developers naturally). Although I was never in ps industry, that was the information I got at that time. I don't know if anything changed since then (been years) but it's a valid factor to consider. But at the end of the day, I would go with ps over xbox online nonsense any day of the week.

RTCW Admin

Re: ps4 or xbox one?

Postby likethat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am

$60 plus a game and then what MS is going to do with the games you buy. No thanks

Return to The Smokin' Room