MMmmgood, Please Advise........Overclocking

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:42 am

no kidding, I'm only really tampering with my vid card now anyways, thats not nearly as bad, plus I'm just gonna built a fan right on the heat sync so there should be no problems. Thanks anyways for all your input everyone. Sorry I have no 50000 3dmark score to show you for your wonderful help.:violin:

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:48 am

Originally posted by Edogg
ok tool learn from me, do not try to overclock crazy if you do not have the proper cooling. Ive spent the whole day tweaking and overclocking everything, and now im going back to stock on everything. My computer kept rebooting or shutting down(had a automatic shutdown feature in bios when temp reaches 60 celsius:rotflmao: ). I did manage to overclock the crap out of my video card and have it be stable, but my system ran too hot because of it(thus the automatic shutting down). Maybe once I gather up the balls to try again, i'll do it with the case open.

anyways here was my best run that resulted from today's experiences:
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5257334
I almost got 12k damn it.:rotflmao:

I guess my point of this post is to tell you dont do anything until you have proper cooling and you have done a lot of reading up on oc'ing. Its not as easy as it sounds.

Aint that the truth, I have seen more morons fry their CPU/Video Card by cranking it up too high

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:37 pm

well good news, i have my video card overclocked to 300/531,
im gonna run it 24/7, So far it has been stable. I took the cover off of my case, and that seemed to fix my overheating problem. I have my cpu and memory running stock though.
With just the overclocked card, i get a score of around 11,600.
Thats not bad, considering my pc runs 10,700 when its entirely stock.

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:38 pm

I overclocked my vid card too, I just built a fan onto the heat sync that's rated for a regular processor, so its taking care of my vid card quite well.

Previous

Return to The Smokin' Room