a question for all americans

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:37 pm

Originally posted by PAPERCLIP
you guys think that you know everything because you had a few terrorist actions but we had a war going true our entire country and not so many listed but if it were all americans i think the list would be fild in a sec cause you guys piss in your pants when you even hear something about some people coming to your country to take it

and if you wanna now some things about our history do you know what jules caesar said about our people whel that's something to be proud of not that your proud of where you live

if you know so mutch of our history you think then it must not be so difficult to find that

grtz paperclip :violin:

Cesear (what means KING) sayed: there no braver people then the beguims..even if outnumberd 100 to 1 they keep fighting and keep coming back..
when ceasar ruled all know civilation BELGUIM was the only country who was free of him..and iv u look at the map of the world u will see why ceasar resepcted them so deeply...

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:23 pm

I'm sorry, but this means nothing to me. Besides, I dont think anyone here has ever said anything bad about Belgium. You are the guys that are verbally attacking our country. We are merely defending ourselves.

Postby Kristov » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:10 pm

Ironman, you need to check your history again. Rome never conquered a number of peoples and places, my own ancestors, the Scots, being one of them. Rome so feared the Scots that they actually built a wall across Britain to keep them out. That's factual history, look it up.

Nagasaki, Hiroshima, the direct translations of the Nipponese words for the cities that were nuked. Not direct translations into ENGLISH, but the direct translations into our alphabet. The Japanese use a number of different written alphabets, and your information on their complexity and number is off, I suggest you recheck your sources.

You obviously have issues with America, that's fine, we American's are actually rather used to it. Don't like us, fine, stay the fuck off our servers, our forums and our websites, we'll stay off yours. Works for us, how about you?
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

Level of Education...

Postby Lord ZOG » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:10 pm

Ironman, Paperclip...I've been to school more that you've ever been or ever will, and you're a lot younger than me.

Anyone reading these posts can easily discern the difference in our levels of education.

If English is your second language, then maybe I've been a bit harsh on you. I might appear a little "out-of-touch", too, if I attempted to converse in a foreign language.

But if English is your primary language, then I think this entire thread reflects very poorly on your public school systems.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:50 pm

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I had a chance to get on and I noticed that a whole new set of issues has begun. I'm going to drop my 2 cents in, and probably stop posting to this thread because of the pure assinine nature of it. Like I said before, this thread wasnt started to become a European vs. American thread. Paperclip asked a question. Pure and simple. Why it disentegrated into the 'We Hate Americans' and 'So? You Europeans Suck' thread is beyind me.

Set aside the differences here folks.

We're here to game.

So just go out and have fun.

Sei Ignorante!

What the heck is going on??

Postby Sei Ignorante! » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:47 am

I just wanted to point something out to our fellow HUMAN BEINGS in the Netherlands that are so quick to bash Americans.

First to PAPERCLIP and IRONMAN, you stated that weapons do not ensure your freedom, then give the F-16s and F-15s back to their country of origin, which oh by the way is the UNITED STATES. You should do this because these aircraft do not ensure your freedom, but instead keep you in chains as slaves. You my friend are the one that needs to return to school. And another thing, I do fluently speak, read and write another language, from a culture in which I was NOT born.

I spent 9 years in Europe while in the military and let me tell you all that your countries are not perfect by any standard. From the sounds of your hissy fits and tantrums, you dislike Americans and all that America stands for. I say then, return your Levi jeans and Nike clothing apparel along with any other American label that may employ your countrymen, to its country of origin. You are an ungrateful bunch. Do you realize why exactly it is that you are such a peaceful nation with no wars to fight? Because of those that came before you and gave their lives securing your freedom and essentially your births! Ask yourselves where you would be had America stayed neutral or at least not have entered into the European theater of the Second World War!

As for Fat Man and Little Boy, read "The Rape of Nanking" and try to educate yourselves just a wee bit concerning the Japanese mentality during the Second World War.

The video games you play, the computer technology you use with which you play those same games; from where do you think all this comes? I'll help you once again with that one: AMERICA.

The comment about your arming your American made jets with the Atomic bombs (Not your technology once again) in 15 minutes... I seriously doubt that you have the slightest idea about which you ignorantly speak!

I can't stand the younger European generation's mentality. Before you begin trashing us in America, ask some of the dwindling numbers of older people in your communities that were alive during Second World War, if they feel the same way you feel. Remember that the weapons we have and that you have, DO in fact guarantee your freedom.

We are not "pissing" in our pants when someone threatens to come over and as you so nauseatingly say "take us over", I say this: When in your wildest dreams can another country come to our shores, invade the US and take over? The attacks against us are conducted by cowards and religeous zealots. You go and study a bit now!

PEACE

Postby SilverSurfer » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:21 am

k this will also be mi last post to this thread
again sorry i started it

so because i am younger i cant have my opinion
sorry for being younger and lord zog im so proud on you that you have studied a lot.

i think i have to apolegize for some things i didn't said
i said what i thought and what is bad about the us but there are several things that are good and i've read those things in your posts
i have ignored thes in the past but al of them are true you guys didn't stay neutral and youre right where would we bien

i've got to go i hoped to write a longer version but i have no time

grtz paperclip

Sei Ignorante!

Postby Sei Ignorante! » Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:09 am

Paperclip:

You can always have your opinion and you will always have people who agree with you and those who disagree. American actions are often viewed negatively by many other nations. We are a world power and with that status comes criticism. That holds true in all walks of life; Meaning that not every decision will be popular with every person. We are not a perfect society by any standard. Unfortunately, our generation cannot go back in time and right the wrongs of our forefathers. We are forced to live with the decisions, be they right or wrong, made by those who came before us. The object of this exercise is that we should not be too quick to pass judgement on another: Perfection cannot exist as long as decisions are made by human beings. We are expected to make mistakes. The goal is to not repeat past mistakes and to learn from those past mistakes in order to have a brighter future.

Realize that any message may be misinterpreted by someone from another culture. In this thread, you may have had good intentions, but your message was not clear and was instead interpreted as antagonistic and critical. That is why you were flamed by so many people.

Learn from this experience and remember what you learned. Take something positive from this.

PEACE

:beer:

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:56 am

well said

Postby Kristov » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:34 pm

Bah, I say we just nuke em..who's with me?
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:25 pm

Originally posted by Kristov
Ironman, you need to check your history again. Rome never conquered a number of peoples and places, my own ancestors, the Scots, being one of them. Rome so feared the Scots that they actually built a wall across Britain to keep them out. That's factual history, look it up.

Nagasaki, Hiroshima, the direct translations of the Nipponese words for the cities that were nuked. Not direct translations into ENGLISH, but the direct translations into our alphabet. The Japanese use a number of different written alphabets, and your information on their complexity and number is off, I suggest you recheck your sources.

You obviously have issues with America, that's fine, we American's are actually rather used to it. Don't like us, fine, stay the fuck off our servers, our forums and our websites, we'll stay off yours. Works for us, how about you?

i know hadrians wall u scots are mad asses heheheh no offence....
even romans didnt want ur land heheh and didnt dare

i have nthing against America nor Americans....And im right abour japanees land has more then 3000 charaters....

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:27 pm

Originally posted by Sei Ignorante!
Paperclip:

You can always have your opinion and you will always have people who agree with you and those who disagree. American actions are often viewed negatively by many other nations. We are a world power and with that status comes criticism. That holds true in all walks of life; Meaning that not every decision will be popular with every person. We are not a perfect society by any standard. Unfortunately, our generation cannot go back in time and right the wrongs of our forefathers. We are forced to live with the decisions, be they right or wrong, made by those who came before us. The object of this exercise is that we should not be too quick to pass judgement on another: Perfection cannot exist as long as decisions are made by human beings. We are expected to make mistakes. The goal is to not repeat past mistakes and to learn from those past mistakes in order to have a brighter future.

Realize that any message may be misinterpreted by someone from another culture. In this thread, you may have had good intentions, but your message was not clear and was instead interpreted as antagonistic and critical. That is why you were flamed by so many people.

Learn from this experience and remember what you learned. Take something positive from this.

PEACE

:beer:

nicely said......

Cant we all just get along..and fight coman foe

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:24 pm

Paperclip: Sorry that things became personal. Like I said before, it's human nature to become defensive when people criticize you or a group of people that you belong to. I don't think it was meant to be personal.

Ignorante!: Well said. I'm glad someone finally had the sense to be humble here.

Ironman: Thank you, I dont think anyone else here has anything personal against any other member of the forums, or colleagues on the servers.

Like I said, we're here to game, we all enjoy Wolf and 1942, and thats the one thing that should tie us together, instead it seems that we tried to find stuff that kind of broke these ties.

Play on. Drink a cold one :beer:

Postby bayotanzk » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:02 pm

Paperclip,
You live in europe and we live in the united states. It really does not matter what you or anyone else thinks about our head of state. Try asking the news media, or change the channel if you do not enjoy seeing our Head of State. Our President is elected every four years by the people of the U.S. We will protect and do what is necessary to guarentee the safety of our citizens. If this means military action, I feel sorry for those people on the business end of our weapons. No person that I know wants war with anyone. The freedom that many european nations enjoy today is in no small part the result of American blood and sweat, our grand parents blood and sweat, my grand parents!

One beautiful right that all Americans enjoy is the freedom of speach and to have our own opinion, and you may enjoy the same. It is a really great concept. No hard feelings. Had to reply have friends who died 9/11.

BAYOTANZK

Previous

Return to The Smokin' Room