Burn in hell AOL

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.

Burn in hell AOL

Postby Weasel Meat » Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:47 am

I HATE AOL. I dont even have the damn service and it is keeping me from using my computer on the internet. It started earlier when I was kicked from BF1942 from high ping. After I was kicked I pinged the server And my ping was the highest I have ever seen, over 2800 ms. After that a called tech support but the problem cleared up before they could tell me what it was. Then my connection was fine, for a while. Now its acting stupid again, my ping is constantly over 500 ms. This time I got live tech support and sent them the results of a tracert. Guess what their answer was. "The problem seems to lie between the RR and AOL Network". WTF, Why is it even going to the AOL network. I am Supposed to be paying for Road Runner, not that piece of $#!+ ISP AOL,(IF you can call it an ISP). I knew there would be problems after hearing AOL and Time Warner would be merging.

Does anyone know how I may get a free month of access from their bad service?

I would like to see everyone using AOL have a major system crash and have to reinstall.

I belive it is more fact than opinion that AOL is the worst ISP ever. And why does it have to screw up my RR service, or are they just blaming that piece of crap for their network issues?

Ahhhhh I feel much better after bashing the cable company and AOL.

Will be back as soon as I can to kick ass in the servers, And kick the idiots out

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:13 am

there there weasel everything is going to be ok.
alright people move along now...nothing to see here:D

Cowgomoo

Re: Burn in hell AOL

Postby Cowgomoo » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:40 am

Originally posted by Weasel Meat
I HATE AOL.

amen to that my friend, amen. i only like aol for its search engine, but thats what google is for... for me though, i get no problems with RR and aol mixed. but...i agree, aol can burn in hell.

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:05 pm

very surprised that the bastards didn't blame your problem on the network card... I had seen a friend of mine with similar problems, and when he called to bitch... AOwelL pushed the blame to 3com, the maker of the network card.. so, for the hell of it, we switched the NIC, and he still had the same problem, called again, different person on the other side of the world, and again... "looks like your network card...goodbye." little shits..!!

:roll:

Cowgomoo

Postby Cowgomoo » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:19 pm

i feel ur pain, but so do 50 million other aol users.

Postby Weasel Meat » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:31 pm

But I dont use AOL. I use Road Runner and when I called tech support they said the problem was between the AOL and RR network. Why do the 2 come together?

Anyways the problem is fixed now and I can play again.

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:53 pm

I hate AOL too, but the instant messanger rules.

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:53 pm

oh shit.... now I see your delimma.. you're not even part of AOL, but you are forced to run on their networks.. ewwww.. that is nasty.. Sorry Weasel, looks like you're stuck.. unless you have DSL coverage in your area.. but depending on your local telco, what you have may be the best... damn that sucks..!!!

oh well,, :beer:

BTW.. happy new year !!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Return to The Smokin' Room