Wow, the good ole days...

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
Casus

Wow, the good ole days...

Postby Casus » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:56 pm

Man...what a trip.

I had laying around my old copy of Half-Life with Team Fortress Classic 1.5, so I said, what the heck.

I installed it on Windows XP, and downloaded the 85Mbs patch file(s) for it, and patched it up.

Not expecting it to work with XP, I launched it, went into multiplayer mode, and watched it update the server list with 30,000+ servers, then I filtered on TFC, dedicated, not full, not empty, running TFC Mod, and came up with 500 servers!

i jumped on a 32 player server, and HAD A BALL! I used to play this game back in 98/99 when it was popular, I mean play it for like 8 or 9 hours a DAY!

I was an engie, medic, scout, hwguy, and of course, my fav, a spy.

Knifing people, rocket jumping, etc......I had a ball.

I was never into the Counter-Strike add-on/mod, etc, and only got into TFC for a year or two, all the time.

Which makes me question, what did valve ever do with TFC 2 that they hyped for 2 years? They cancel it?

Anyhow, I had a ball, and will be playing TFC for a bit, and might just have to put up a HUGE TFC server....ahh the days of admin_mod, HLstats, and all the nice tools.

MF/Tom

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:43 pm

Repeat that and put the word wolf in there and thats about what I'll be saying in 2 years, keep up the good stuff motha fucka.:D

Rat Bastard

Postby Rat Bastard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:00 am

I haven't played TFC in some time- I was actually thinking about that the other day. I used to play TF alot- almost ended up single for it :) I'd be up for some TFC action.

Postby Harry Canyon » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:19 am

TFC was the first FPS that I played online. It took a buddy that was doing some mods to HL that got me into playing online. I've been playing these games and FPS's since they came out and on some very old machines like the 8088...which was new at the time. When I finally got cable back in Phoenix about 5-6 years ago, I decided to try out the HL mod TFC online. DAMN FUN GAME!!! Got addicted to it...played into the wee hours. I got pretty good at it, before I switched over to another game called CounterStrike, my best rank was somewhere around 40 in the world.

As far as TFC2 and CS...go check out the planethalflife.com. Looks like a long wait for the games. TFC was always fun...you setup a server, I'd play again. :beer:

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:15 pm

memories.... ~music in background~

Halflife, CS, TFC.... oh those were the days... howabout LAN Warrior ?? now that should take you back.. I remember configuring IPX protocols to get that one to work..

Aim High

Postby Aim High » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:23 pm

HANG ON.... WAIT... HERE IT IS .... Let me just blow the dust off of them (cough, cough). I knew I had my copy of Half-Life with Team Fortress, Opposing Force, Blue Shift here somewhere.
We got to play this Motha, we have to sooo play this!!!

Return to The Smokin' Room