Teamspeak Rc2

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
Hoog

Teamspeak Rc2

Postby Hoog » Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:08 am

Hey looks like it's comming out tomorrow (March 2). Acourding to the page it's not compliant with Rc1. So will ECGN be upgrading to Rc2? Just wondering if I should / should not upgrade when it comes out since I'm using it all the time now :) Here's the quote from the teamspeak page.

"Dear TeamSpeak fans

After a lot of blood, sweat and tears, we are proud to announce we will release the RC2 version of TeamSpeak on march the 2nd. It has a lot of cool new features that have been requested in the last few months, as well as a lot of bugfixes.

Regrettably, this new version is not compatible with the rc1 release. This is a huge inconvenience for the next couple of days. We apologize for this. But we hope you will forgive us for this, when you see how much faster the new network protocol is and the new features it provides.

So, just a few more days, and it's party time!"

Casus

Postby Casus » Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:15 am

Yes, we will upgrade since the old one will expire soon.

Tom

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:40 pm

Expire soon? You mean expires on March 3rd :lol:

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:28 am

I hope you guys will post a link here, as I am lazier than dirt... and only slightly cleaner.

Hoog

Postby Hoog » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:50 pm

Actually they just released a patch to let the rc1 go past the 3/3/03 dead date. Guess they want to make it easier to make the change-over :)

Xenius

Postby Xenius » Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:28 pm

Anyone know what the changes are?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:11 pm

Well....even though there are some nice changes i'm not going to update to it. They changed the way the database is organized, and if I were to patch to it, I couldnt move over the old database.

What this means is that everyone will have to re-register with the server, and I will have to re-create all the channels.

Too much of a pain in the ass. I'll wait until they make a tool to migrate the database.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:48 pm

Speaking of lazy... :violin:

Postby Chacal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:39 pm

Think about it Jon... there is a "Mute Player" option in RC2...

Also, we can record sessions. I foresee interesting threads with very big attachments, for adults only.:D

Hoog

Postby Hoog » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:32 am

Your RC1 to RC2 database converter seems to be up.
ftp://voice.teamspeak.org/developer/server/

Return to Q&A