Beach Server Settings

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Re: Beach Server Settings

Postby Jakal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:34 am

On 1.0 i was playing on H4S server and they had some neat maps on roatation

I think everyone will have them as there in one of the installed pakmaps.

Like Norway
Village2
chateau2
Rocket2

there is alot more too.

Some are small and quick others medium sized. nothing large though.

Postby Jakal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:39 am

Kind of a request but also a query.

In regards with max_fps can it be increased to 333 max? If not why.

Most players nowadays will have gfx that can reach 333 so no-one would miss out.

Is timenudge restriction 0 because of lag?

On 1.0 timenudge set to minus value, or even plus value when max_fps at 333 does not cause lag for me anyway. As long as the setting is correct.

Why cvar restrictions when all the cheat cvars a protected so you cannot use them. Or are they not protected in 1.4?

Postby Blaster » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Jakal wrote:Kind of a request but also a query.

In regards with max_fps can it be increased to 333 max? If not why.

Most players nowadays will have gfx that can reach 333 so no-one would miss out.

Is timenudge restriction 0 because of lag?

On 1.0 timenudge set to minus value, or even plus value when max_fps at 333 does not cause lag for me anyway. As long as the setting is correct.

Why cvar restrictions when all the cheat cvars a protected so you cannot use them. Or are they not protected in 1.4?

Well Read (You can read my reaction about it. was almost 1 year break for my part.)
http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?t=24500&highlight=timenudge

and http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?t=24502&highlight=timenudge

Will perhaps clear your mind!
I still want my 400fps like in other games., but sadly some ppl are sitting on old tnt2 16mb or what?
And timenudge still havent changed my mind on that.
Now You have to trix with rate value 5000-25000 have fun to find the best for you! :clap:

Dunno if server is missing some cvars but if you look around in other servers Yes there more cvars. and more cvars just for cheats. look at all-stars for an example.

Postby Jakal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 pm

you serious some still use tnt2 16mb. man keep up to date with technology. can pick up geforce 7,8 gts cheap as chips in todays market.

your views raised blaster in threads are same as mines. Especially with long distance. I suck so bad outside on beach on ecgn but when inside its not so bad. But timenudge defo helped me get a look in at the "elite" not so now.

Would be cool if Euro players only could use timenudge as it would even out the playing field a bit. But sure high pingers would complain even though they already have an advantage.

with no cvar restrictions on 1.0 maybe this is why more players are on there players can tweak accordingly.
Im well aware of all cvars for q3 engine even those old ones that are not in default wolfconfig but still work ;)

It also seems some players dont know how you should set the actual value for timenudge as there is a golden rule about that.

The warping everyone goes on about is to do with your timenudge and rate value thats it. any minus timenudge value set with rate 5000 causes warp. But it is shit playing like so as your warping constantly, i hate it.

Postby Jakal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:55 pm

tried out 400 fps on sluxx server 1.0. brilliant. First time ever someone called me a hacker hahaha.

However cant do trickjump. so my question is this what would be the magic numbers going up from 333 as they proceed as follows:

These are stated as "valid" values
1000/3 = ~333
1000/4 = 250
1000/5 = 200
1000/6 = ~166
1000/7 = ~142
1000/8 = 125
1000/9 = ~111
1000/10 = 100
1000/11 = ~90
1000/12 = ~83
1000/13 = ~76
1000/14 = ~71
1000/15 = ~66
1000/16 = ~62
1000/17 = ~58
1000/18 = ~55

Taken from this post > http://www.tek-9.org/forum/Call_of_Duty_4-13/63100_maxpackets-1749.html

Surely they must continue upwards. Sorry but my maths is pish. You any ideas Blaster?

Seriously man if your missing having our config the way it used to be pop on 1.0 ;) scrims happen weekly sure WTH would get a few invites to scrim.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 pm

They don't go up from there because of gravity...Only valid value above 333 would be 500 and that jump height actually turns out lower than defaults.

RTCW has a hard coded limit of 100 for cl_maxpackets.

So the theoretical optimal values would be com_maxfps 333 with cl_maxpackets of 84.

No...you can't use them on the Beach server because I don't want to listen to the whining.

On Beach server, the optimal values would be com_maxfps 125 and cl_maxpackets 63.

Postby Jakal » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 am

thx for that man-at-arms.

Postby SavageParrot » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 am

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:No...you can't use them on the Beach server because I don't want to listen to the whining.

Whiners, on the beach? Surely not? :D
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am

I'm not a fan of the limited lives since I play aggressive and I don't give 2 @#$^'s about my ratio. Most of the game I sacrifice myself just to revive another cause I actually play medic to med and not for the med packs. Also I wouldnt mind seeing FF disabled since "this is" a pub server and the players here are always tk'ing or shooting us in the back. Unless its a 1vs1 with no one around I cant actually tell who did more damage to me, the enemy or my teammate. Just my opinion and I would rather keep the setting in favor of the majority to keep it populated.

Postby Nubz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:40 am

Jun1oR wrote:I'm not a fan of the limited lives since I play aggressive and I don't give 2 @#$^'s about my ratio. Most of the game I sacrifice myself just to revive another cause I actually play medic to med and not for the med packs. Also I wouldnt mind seeing FF disabled since "this is" a pub server and the players here are always tk'ing or shooting us in the back. Unless its a 1vs1 with no one around I cant actually tell who did more damage to me, the enemy or my teammate. Just my opinion and I would rather keep the setting in favor of the majority to keep it populated.

Disabling FF turns the server into a joke. Players just run around aimlessly blocking their teammates shots, ruining the quality of play here. It's just simple Darwinism: be intelligent, you don't get shot. Be an idiot, and die like you should. :ar15:

RTCW Admin

Postby cateye » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 am

Nubs has it right. We experimented with FF off in the past and it solved some problems (no TKs) but just created even worse additional ones. FF-on provides an incentive for most people to be more careful, and the -20 auto kick solves abusers without needing an admin. There's no way to "solve" the problem of someone purposefully blocking teammate shots without admin intervention with FF is off.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:43 pm

The server was originally FF off until I took it over. It was just a spam fest and kind of ridiculous.

Players earn TK points for various kinds of teamkills/suicides...If they get to 100 TK points theyre kicked.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:13 pm

lmfao! My hard drive died on my yesterday so I didn't get to read the replies till just now but oh the gayness.... that's funny.

Not much you can do when you are in a stairwell being shot from behind by your too eager to get a kill team mate. So I don't see how intelligence helps you. I wasn't asking for the setting to be changed I was just reading the past posts and wanted to add my opinion but now I see that FF on is definitely a wise decision. Like I said in regards to the server settings, I am in favor of the majority this way we can keep the server going as long as possible.

I probably wont be around for a week or two till I get my replacement drive so don't revoke my privileges! ;)

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein