This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Post a reply

Was I banned

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:31 pm

I play under the name Conan the Librarian. I got kicked today and I think was banned and I'm not sure why. I now get an error connecting. Let me know...thanks

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:53 pm

Well I was unusually active as an admin today, but I haven't done any kicking or banning in your direction... At least not yet :P As familiar as I am with your gameplay and etc, I can't see this being something permanent, unless you crossed Kristov's path after I left the server... Boy was he in a good mood... NOT!

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:56 pm

I don't think I did anything. I'll just wait and see then...not like I have much choice...lol.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:50 pm

Originally posted by {CN}Doomfarer
unless you crossed Kristov's path after I left the server... Boy was he in a good mood... NOT!

Is kristov ever in a good mood?

Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:06 pm

I am familiar with your work, and I can't imagine anyone kicking, much less banning, you.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:17 pm

is that the same conan?

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:21 pm

Conan, send a private message to MMmmGood, he is the
main man for unbanning. The bot gets messed up every
once in a while. (banned me about a month ago)

i think most of the regulars know you as skilled teamplayer
and i'm sure they would like playing with and against you
more often.

if no admins remember banning you then maybe the bot
was just having a bad day.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:26 pm

conan you shouldn't be banned. PM mmgood. No idea how you got banned either. Kristov? ;) j/k

Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:07 pm

Woohoo join the club.

Just got banned tonight for being continously slaughtered each time i spawned in Battle of the Bulge. Should have read the rules about dying too much. That makes 2x for me. Last time was sitting in a flak gun on coral and poof im gone lol.

Does someone not like me?

PS Conan is a damn good player and i highly doubt he did anything to deserve it.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:15 pm

not sure but seems to have a high level of accidental bans lately..musashi x I think the bot got you someone said they saw the message in game were you kicked recently multiple times?

Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:21 pm

Conan, I saw the ban, it was an autoban for too many kicks for TKing, NOT something any admin did, purely a bot function. Jon, please unban him.

Musashi, not sure about your ban, must have been after I left, but I'll wager it was the exact same thing, autoban after too many kicks for TKing. Again, Jon, please unban him as well.

As for me being in a good mood, after a few rounds today, my mood went from 'blah, I'll play and get into a better mood' to 'ban the lot of em, fucking smacktards', so I left. When people ON Teamspeak are actually talking about doing smacktard things and arguing with the admins ON TS about their actions, I tend to get in a bad mood quickly. The people who did these things know who they are(as do most of the people playing today), so I would suggest in the future, you just comply with the admin's directions, or we're liable to show you that being on TS does NOT grant your ass any sort of immunity(something I'm very well known for graphically showing). In cases like Conan and Musashi, where the bot got them for actions NOT their own fault, I'll be the first to have them unbanned. Ignore us admins and I'll forget your ass ever existed as anything but a fucking smacktard.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:25 pm

I was a victim of this as well, is there possibly a bug with the AutoKick system? It happened to me right after a crash if that helps..

Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:51 pm

This also happens to me a lot (on other servers at least.. havent been unbanned yet from ecg servers). Where bots will kick me for killing myself on accident or on purpose (to respawn somewhere else) or just by accident, espeically when playing coral sea with ff on and on defense.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:02 pm

Yeah man the bot doesnt like me for some reason.

PS Camel man i was runnin from you tonight you and your damn bombs,

Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:13 pm

I got banned this morning while I was testing out merciless. Killed myself once too many times and immediately got banned by the bot. Must be that time of month for the girl.:)
Post a reply