This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Post a reply

Why was I kicked?

Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:37 pm

I was playing on Wake Island a minute ago, I was flying an Aichival. My tail gunner bailed out and I strafed the enemy airfield killing some enemies. After this I was kicked. My score was 2 2 0. I did not violate any of the rules listed here so can someone tell me why?

Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:45 pm

Fibbis, the log say "kicked for team killing"
i was not the admin that kicked you, maybe when that
admin views this he will comment.

Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:57 pm

Ok, I was kicked on Coral Sea a second ago. I spawned on the carrier deck and got hurt from a nearby bomb. Well, I was a medic so I pull out my medpack to heal my self so I take it out and hold the trigger down but to my dismay I accidently pulled out my Mp18, and before I realized it, two teammates are dead. Well, I don't know if I am banned or not. But if I am, could I possibly be unbanned? I made a stupid mistake and I am sorry.

Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:46 pm

Ive had that happen often on Coral. Hell, sometimes I try to pull my wrench and Ill somehow switch to an entirely different class like medic or assault and start blasting away at the deck. Im so used to it that Ive started looking down as soon as I spawn just in case that happens.

You must have held the button down for a long time to kill 2 teammates without realizing it with a medic gun. Sounds kinda hard to believe but crazier thing have happened.

Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:55 pm

I didn't kick or ban you, but what I heard over teamspeak was that "those WOLF guys are shooting at each other"... I'll let the admin who did it weigh in before I render an opinion...

You and that globool guy are in a clan? You would be welcome to join us on Teamspeak if you wish, so any future mistakes (if that is the case) can be worked out without resorting to kicks. :)

Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:34 pm

The log said kick, not a ban.
:beer:

Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:28 am

Well, I understand if it's a lag issue. I remember when I used to have those and I'd press the "4" key to pull out my medpack to heal someone and it would suddenly pull out my gun and I'd end up blasting away the person I meant to heal. If this was the case, then I fully understand. If not, then who knows...

-Bagginses

Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:08 am

I still have the grenade problem. I go to grenades, throw two, and it switches to my main gun. I will continue to fire my main gun, then all of a sudden, you see a grenade fly from me without the hand animation of throwing it.

Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:44 am

Jimmy, ditto that....Or it'll switch to my gun and then I have to switch back over to my nades to throw more......That, and the afformentioned bug where you pull out your medkit and get a gun instead! (and I KNOW I didn't hit the wrong number!)

Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:18 pm

Originally posted by Rule of Wrist
I didn't kick or ban you, but what I heard over teamspeak was that "those WOLF guys are shooting at each other"... I'll let the admin who did it weigh in before I render an opinion...

You and that globool guy are in a clan? You would be welcome to join us on Teamspeak if you wish, so any future mistakes (if that is the case) can be worked out without resorting to kicks. :)
We aren't in a clan, Glabool and myself belong to wolfgaming.net, it is a gaming community. We would join you on TS but Glabool's mic doesn't work so we just talk over the phone since we are rl friends. But, if something happens I could hop on ts and talk it out though.

Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:27 am

Originally posted by Fibbis
Ok, I was kicked on Coral Sea a second ago. I spawned on the carrier deck and got hurt from a nearby bomb. Well, I was a medic so I pull out my medpack to heal my self so I take it out and hold the trigger down but to my dismay I accidently pulled out my Mp18, and before I realized it, two teammates are dead. Well, I don't know if I am banned or not. But if I am, could I possibly be unbanned? I made a stupid mistake and I am sorry.

The worst is when I'm repairing my tank and hop back in and it decides to shoot and the poor sap infront of me takes a tankshell to the back of the head.

Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:38 am

LOL, I'd forgotten about that one kurith....even worse is when you do the exact same thing, only it's a friendly tank in front of you, who takes a shell right up the rear and goes BOOM!......

Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:13 pm

I think I've got a smacktard moment that tops them all. Once I was playing Coral Sea, and usually I stand next to where the Aichival or SBD spawns and hold down the E key, however, this one time I was right clicking with my rifle to look at something next the the ammo box, forgetting I was holding the E key down. So, right before I click the right-mouse button, a bomber spawns, I hop in, then click it, thus dropping a pair of bombs on my own deck, TKing about 14 other guys with me. So........ Suffice it to say, I don't go clicking the right mouse key on the deck anymore...

-Bagginses
:tard:

Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:02 pm

The IP Address is: xx.xx.xx.xx. The host name is: xx.xx.xx.xx.xx. Please click here to return to the thread.

This is what I get from Bagginses post. I believe i'll just add that IP to the bans list now :D

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:35 pm

I've had times when there would be a screw up with the mouse where it would keep firing even when your hand isn't on the mouse. That's never good :D

Then I've had the grenade problem if I'm throwing three nades in succession at a stationary tank, it will throw twice, but on the third one it will throw with a delayed, messed-up animation.
Post a reply