BF program error? win xp error? bad kharma?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

BF program error? win xp error? bad kharma?

Postby Vamprey » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:56 pm

Since I don't have a paid subcription to ASE when server 1 is full I just go to the in game browser and click refresh often and hope for a chance to play. Ususally after I click multiplayer/internet a full server list comes up and I enter ecg/update. Last night when I clicked internet the game turned to a dim hazy appearance for 30-60 sec. There was no full server list so I clicked update and the game froze for about 30sec. It seems to be a bit better today, but still not normal.:violin: :violin: :violin:

Couple odd things happened in win xp lately. About 2 weeks ago an error something like this showed up d:\sd\...\smeds error. Since I don't have a d drive this was extra odd. Yesterday when I boot up I get an error message "windows has recovered from major error you have a bad device driver" or something like that. A week ago I downloaded a driver update for my ati card but everything has been fine for a week. My anit-virus found an adware dll a few days ago but appeared to delete it.

Postby JimmyTango » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:23 pm

You do nto need a paid subscription to ASE. If the server is full, double click on it. It refreshes that server every X seconds, and when a spot is open, it automaticly launches the game.

Postby Buliwyf » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:26 pm

Originally posted by JimmyTango
You do nto need a paid subscription to ASE. If the server is full, double click on it. It refreshes that server every X seconds, and when a spot is open, it automaticly launches the game.

yep. you pay for it if you want a few extra features like buddy list etc. waste of $$ imo.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:41 pm

Do what I do, add ECGN to favourites list in the in-game browser, and just keep hitting refresh ... it's ghetto but it works.

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Agent-Commando
Do what I do, add ECGN to favourites list in the in-game browser, and just keep hitting refresh ... it's ghetto but it works.

I do that too. It sucks though when you're clicking for almost five minutes.

-Bagginses

Postby WeSSiN » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:56 pm

Originally posted by Bagginses
I do that too. It sucks though when you're clicking for almost five minutes.

-Bagginses

Yep, typical night for me;

Refresh for 5 minutes
63/64, ok joining now
Server full, back to ASE
Refresh for 5 minutes
63/64, trying again
Server full, back to ASE
Repeat x1000

Sometimes I just give up.
In-game name: [ECGN]FI2ick

Postby Vamprey » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:01 pm

Originally posted by Agent-Commando

That is basically what I do. BF just started acting flaky. So are some other things but I want to hold off on a reformat until after the botr if I can.

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:24 pm

I've had my BF kinda stall/lockup for minute when trying to update the in-game server list from time to time, which is why I stopped using that feature as soon as the favorites option showed up. I just keep pestering it until I get in.

As for the D: drive error, unless you deliberately changed it, your D: drive is gonna be your cdrom/dvdrom/cdrw drive IF you only have one HD and it's only got one partition. It could be indicating that drive is failing, there's an issue with the mobo drivers, or the IDE channel is failing on the mobo (or maybe even a bad IDE cable).

With WinXP, if you right-click on the My Computer Icon, and select "manage", the computer management window pops up. From the list on the left, select "Event Viewer", then "System". Look for any errors in there, and see if they list the D: drive. If so, find out what your D: drive is (open my computer, it'll tell you the drive letter next to each drive, virtual or real).

Unfortunately, it's sometimes tough to nail down these problems without some work, b/c initially it could be hardware or software, until we can rule some stuff out. Find out what drive it pissed off about, then try swapping the IDE cables to see if it helps. If not, I'd try a mobo driver update. If that doesn't fix it, do a clean install using the newest drivers, and maybe even a bios update. Barring that, hit the drive with a hammer until you feel better, then go buy a new one :D

Postby Evan » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:09 pm

Originally posted by Bullhead
I've had my BF kinda stall/lockup for minute when trying to update the in-game server list from time to time, which is why I stopped using that feature as soon as the favorites option showed up. I just keep pestering it until I get in.

As for the D: drive error, unless you deliberately changed it, your D: drive is gonna be your cdrom/dvdrom/cdrw drive IF you only have one HD and it's only got one partition. It could be indicating that drive is failing, there's an issue with the mobo drivers, or the IDE channel is failing on the mobo (or maybe even a bad IDE cable).

With WinXP, if you right-click on the My Computer Icon, and select "manage", the computer management window pops up. From the list on the left, select "Event Viewer", then "System". Look for any errors in there, and see if they list the D: drive. If so, find out what your D: drive is (open my computer, it'll tell you the drive letter next to each drive, virtual or real).

Unfortunately, it's sometimes tough to nail down these problems without some work, b/c initially it could be hardware or software, until we can rule some stuff out. Find out what drive it pissed off about, then try swapping the IDE cables to see if it helps. If not, I'd try a mobo driver update. If that doesn't fix it, do a clean install using the newest drivers, and maybe even a bios update. Barring that, hit the drive with a hammer until you feel better, then go buy a new one :D

My CDRW/DVD drive won't read anything in it. It does show up as accessible though. I don't know why this would happen, unless it died.
Image.

Return to Been Banned?