Server?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Re: Server?

Postby caffeine » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:08 pm

i just got home from work. sat down to play and saw this!

i did NOT see this coming...

Postby parcher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Hoping I can have an alternative online by tomorrow at some point.
Last edited by parcher on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby avb3 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Paint is right.

Im sure its the same people that complain all the time. It does seem like there's been more bs lately though, in general.

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 pm

avb3 wrote:Paint is right.

Im sure its the same people that complain all the time. It does seem like there's been more bs lately though, in general.

YEAH. we are all guilty, I'm super guilty, but this has really hit me and despite all of my complaints, I wouldn't change anything about it. I never realized how thankful I was for it, and I honestly can't thank MAA enough for all he has done for us.

Postby Hayling » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Oh well, may ECGN R.I.P.

Thanks MAA for the beach server throughout the years since it's inception.

It's been helluva fun including the regular players I know through the years and of course the admins who keep the peace.

The last couple of weeks have been really stale with so much complaining and confusion.

Postby pingrage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:17 pm

pixi wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the server today?

You can thank MSB and Jun1or for pushing MAA over the edge with their stupidity.

Where are those muppets? I'm surprised they haven't posted
Last edited by pingrage on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby pingrage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:Literally every other day I have to try appease some complainer about the server in one capacity or another.

I'm not playing if x is playing, we want to play skulls and they're doing objectives, I'm done playing here cuz I can't hit player x.

I may bring the server back with no admins and a rotation, I may work on a new mod if I have some time on my hands. Not sure.
But for now, I'm done dealing with it.

Hi MMA,

I'm sorry you had to deal with the whole stupid thread of unlag etc. I've suggested you locked it or delete it.

I also apologies on behalf of all the idiots who can't just join the server and have a good time and have to complain.

Can you please for the sake of RTCW turn on the server and remove all admin rights and enable votes? That way the players can decide, not some biased Admin with a grudge against someone.

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:25 pm

I have only played 2 servers in the past 14 years, baba boey and ecgn. ECGN for at least 6 or 7 years, almost daily, I usually need a fix after work, like a 30 minute release of stress...

I will admit it, I bitch at people with impossible skills and I will always doubt. Players that move at amaizing speed, that you pound in the back and they turn around and still kill you, the likes of parcher and booty.

But I'm here on a daily baisis, it is a testament to what I think of the server, I love it and I hope it is up and running until windows 28 is released.

Thank you MAA. :neo:

Location: Roses are red, violets are blue. Jossue deleted /system32.

Postby *OF*James Bundy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Thank you for allowing us a place to frag for all this time and putting up with us as long as you did MAA.

I hope that when the dust settles and you've had some time away from the bs you'll bring it back in some form or another.

Hope to see you all again! Laters!

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:23 pm

pingrage wrote:
pixi wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the server today?

You can thank MSB and Jun1or for pushing MAA over the edge with their stupidity.

Where are those muppets? I'm surprised they haven't posted

fuck you dumbass. you're a complainer too. " I cant hit x with out unlag" pingrage

so you're going to tell me one thread killed ecgn?

Postby nosy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:Literally every other day I have to try appease some complainer about the server in one capacity or another.

I'm not playing if x is playing, we want to play skulls and they're doing objectives, I'm done playing here cuz I can't hit player x.

I may bring the server back with no admins and a rotation, I may work on a new mod if I have some time on my hands. Not sure.
But for now, I'm done dealing with it.

I'm sure there's countless hours of work you've done towards supporting this game that I couldn't possibly know, but what I do know is that you provided an active and enjoyable server during a time when other servers died and faded into distant memories. Whether or not this is permanent or just serves as a wake up call to those who take it for granted, thank you for everything

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Its not about some server setting. It's not, so don't try to make it into that.

This server is a pub (i.e. for everyone). It was for everyone's fun enjoyment and nothing more. That obviously is no longer the case. I'd rather see it gone than let it turn into this shit.

Some players are better than others. It's just the way it is. I'm not removing players so people can feel better about themselves.

I'm not interested in only filling a server with low skill players.

I have no interest in the arguing and other nonsense that I seem to be constantly dragged into the middle of.

Which is why it is down and why it won't be back in that form.

Postby mrHappy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks for taking the time to maintain and allowing us to enjoy the server for so long. I always looked forward to playing with all you guys/gals for a few hours each week. Hope all works out because sex and RTCW are the only two things I don't have to be good at in order to enjoy.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Until ECGN comes back online here is a "temp" shrub server you can play on 198.144.184.215:27960 and yes unlag is enabled :/

Postby parcher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Mr.Happy <3

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein