Good Morning?

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Good Morning?

Postby serum » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:33 am

Hello, I was playing as "LinuX" and have been banned for "empty guid" ?

This morning I installed RTCW on Linux (normally use WindowsXP) and went to play on ECGN. The install was kind of weird because I couldn't find any of the .cfg files anywhere even after joining server which automatically updates the MP configs. Nonetheless, I was able to play with seemingly no problems.

Only problems I did encouter were just I couldn't get my original sensitivity due to Linux's different mouse settings. I was also unable to change the max fps value. Another minor problem was strafe jumping trying to switch weapons fast.

Anyhow, I was playing then notified of my ban. I ask you kindly to unban me or reason why not. I was playing against a -tt-Ninjistics and after I killed him a few times he went spec. Is he an admin? Did I really have an empty guid? If so, I don't know what the problem is. Works fine on Windows. One reason I tried Linux is because I think I can shoot better. However, it also makes my aim and movements worse in some areas. Another reason being I can't play RTCW Single Player anymore due to the 1.4 patch. Always gives me errors trying to load Single Player. In Linux Single Player works fine.

Thank you in advanced,
Serum

Edit: Then I tried connecting on WindowsXP and it gave me the same message. I know I don't have an empty guid in WindowsXP because I was playing earlier same day. Btw, if anyone has a working install of RTCW on linux please share your procedures and/or private message Person51. He was the one I was trying to help... got banned in the process =(

Postby serum » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:37 am

By the way, I found where Linux was putting my .cfg files. I did the install textbook so there should be no problem.

However, I don't see how I was just banned without being asked or even shown that my guid was blank. Whoever banned me could've said your guid is empty, fix it or you will be banned.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:41 am

Unbanned...you might need to update the Punkbuster client manually first.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Your config files will be in your home directory in the hidden .wolf folder (notice the . in front of wolf)

Also if you downloaded the latest patch from the id Software site you'll neeed to replace the mp_bin.pk3 file, because the one they give you in the Linux install is broken and will fail the "pure" check.

Here's a link to download the correct mp_bin.pk3 file:

http://beach.ecgn.net/mp_bin.pk3

Postby serum » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:32 am

I tried doing the PB update before. When I downloaded the linux executable version of pbweb.exe I wasn't able to enable PB again. So, I didn't try that this time. Maybe that was the cause like you have mentioned, old PB Files?

Now that I'm playing around with it, my .cfg from my WindowsXP might be screwing up the PB. Every time I copy it into Linux it never allows me to enable PB again. I made my .cfg by parsing the wolfconfig_mp.cfg after I set it how I want then renamed it to serum.cfg. I know that's sketchy because it takes the exact information to use. E.g. r_lastvalidrenderer, if this command variable is set with a certain graphics card and then the .cfg is given to someone with a complete different card, the screen will be most likely messed up. It has happened so that's what I am basing it off of.

In any case, I shall update PB, use that mp_bin.pk3 file and try it again. If that fails, then I guess it's Windows from now on for gaming.

Thank you very much for your help, Man-At-Arms. I appreciate it.

Postby SavageParrot » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:37 am

Yeah I was ninjistics and I banned you. I'd Never seen a blank guid both on the server and in the log before and I wasn't gonna take a chance. It was just while I could find out what was causing it. Nothing personal.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby serum » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:11 pm

Problem has been fixed. My guid is showing up now.

Postby SavageParrot » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:30 pm

*mr burns voice* Excellent!
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby serum » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:04 am

Originally posted by SavageParrot
*mr burns voice* Excellent!

rofl

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein