Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
Post a reply

Re: Any hunters out there?

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:19 am

60lbs! Thats a baby. Bring that to a check station up here and they would laugh you out of the place.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:09 pm

accualy it was more like 40 lbs i was being genourous it helps in va we have the option of checking deer over the phone.. if i took that poor little critter to a real check station they would start drooling... plus a 40 or 50 pounder makes real good stew meat..its just like leg of lamb or veal... PLUS I DONT NEED A HAND CART!!!!! i just grabbed it by the ears and carried it out like a rabbit

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:37 am

A set-up shot that Donkey needs this year:

Without the picture, this would be hard to believe.

[ATTACH]12042[/ATTACH]

Pogo Moose Incident - Fairbanks , Alaska

'They were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with them. They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the problem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground. He was a huge 60 inch bull and slightly peeved!'

Note:
This was emailed to me, I had to copy and paste it into Gimp Shop to actually get the file, hence the white space on the side. The Crop was not finished copying when I loaded it up to the forum.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:08 am

thats amazing!!! it looks photo shoped to me but it makes perfect sense that could happen... a word of advice to all your hunters that use climbing treestands.. DO NOT climb a telephone pole.. sure there usualy in a great position.. but you will be picking splinters out of your ass for weeks

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:23 am

Bullwinkle getting high....

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Well there's something ya don't see every day.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:57 am

I killed a 7 point last week. It weighed 170 lbs. Its rack was 17" tall and about 14" wide. I'll try and post pics soon.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:24 am

Sounds like a nice deer Slasher. Post thsoe pics. What did you get it with?

Hunter

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:36 am

got 3 does this morning!!! had 5 on the ground at one time..the other two got to the next stander who finished them off..so i'll be in the skinning shed for a while.. looks like im gonna need another freezer... it just goes to show that virginians hunt deer like most people hunt rabbits lol

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:08 pm

3 at once!! Do you hunt with a machine gun?:ar15:

You forgot to say Virginia hunters have to be like rabit hunters because the deer are so small.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 pm

i use a berette model a 302. 12 gauge that shoots winchester 2 3/4 OO buck like a champ, concidering it only has a 26 inch barrel with a fixed improved cylinder choke.

my dad gave me that gun when i was 13 untill that time i used a 1100. never picked up another 1100 after that. my dad also kidded me that tis gus was a doe slayer.. but since then all i have done was prove him right. i havnt killed ANYTHING with horns on it since i started using it.. its about 5 lbs lighter than an 1100 and it WILL NOT jam. i even tried not cleaning the internal workings of this gun for 4 seasons and even when the tempature is in the low teens or single didgets i know that it will fire every time i pull the trigger.. i will post some pics of it in a few days.. and its hard to find pics of this gun on the internet for some reason.. on a side note i have an old remington 870 that i thought would be as reliable as this one but wrong!! they have problums with the shell extractors wearing out leaving a spent shell in the chamber.. I will not buy another remington shotgun ever..also i will not buy a new beretta as it is overbuilt.. the end cap that holds the forestock on the new ones consist of 7 pieces..jeeze my dad hunts with a beretta AL2 slighty older version of my gun still a great gun
i wanted to have a screw in choke system installed in mine but it seems berettas have a nickle lined barrel making it hard for a machinist to cut grooves in the barrel for chokes.. also i use copper plated buckshot with the nickle lined barrel wich means less friction and tighter patterns.. the ONLY gripe i have about this gun is that its 60% lighter that ordinary auto's wich means it kicks like a mule..
and hunter a full grown deer in va is 140 to 200lbs.. i just aim for the small ones cause there easer to drag/ hide from the game warden. the two that got away from me out of the five that ran buy me this morning left me a blood trail i could have followed from a moving car!! they made for a nice slow target for the next stander.. like i said in my post earler that i had 5 on the ground at one time.. those two hobbled off while i was cutting the throats of the first three.. i cut there throats cause buckshot is damn near 7 bucks a box... and yes chinny im a hillbilly lol

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:53 pm

Do they close schools in Virginia for hunting season?

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 pm

Nice shootin Donkey:ar15:

I killed mine with a Remmington BDL 30-06 / 165 grain bullet. The shot was about 100 yds

Just so everyone knows, my son crosshairs missed a 10 point the day before.
Then the same moring I killed mine he missed a 14 point at 130 yrds.

He's 13 now and buck fever is tearing him up. Maybe he will get lucky and one will fall over with a heart attack:rotflmao:

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 am

my old man uses a rem 700 bdl 7mm mag.. i use a 25-06 savage.. flatter trajectory

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:18 am

'[ecgn wrote: btt]Do they close schools in Virginia for hunting season?

well they thought about it for a little while.. the rual area schools sufferd a major lack of attendance on the first day of the season. but what they did was instead of closing the schools on the first monday, they muved the first day of the season to a saturday:badger:
Post a reply