Hardware class jokes

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
(>Tool<)

Hardware class jokes

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:07 am

Tell someone who has no idea about anything on there computer that they have an ID ten T error and have them right it down to get it fixed, when they look at the paper ID10T , IDIOT lol, or a pebcak error standing for Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard. not all that funny, but the reactions you get make the jokes what they are.

Postby SilverSurfer » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:24 am

:) k i read it 2 times but i still dont get it but i dont know very mutch about computers i only use them to play :) so perhaps im one of those idiots :p
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:52 pm

That PEBCAK was hillarious, thanks.

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:47 pm

Sure Cid, you got it man. ;)

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:50 pm

When I worked at best buy we use to use this alot for people
who were the problem with their hardware. LOL it still cracks me up.

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:04 pm

Me and others have used: "carbon based error"

a classic example... an old co-worker of mine was trying to resolve an issue over the phone... the end user (I was working computer support for a large local business at the time) was complaining that her mouse was in the middle of the mouse pad, but that her cursor on her screen was in the upper left corner.. my friend continued to open a trouble ticket and explained to the user that we would dispatch a tech to replace her existing mousepad with a 17" one that would be compatable with her 17" monitor. A classic "carbon based error" .. some people should simply not own or work with a pc...

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:07 pm

just remembered another...

have also used "the driver needs to be replaced".. in this case referring to the person pushing the mouse.. replace the person, and the problem is solved..:)

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:12 pm

Horny Computer pic

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:06 pm

Originally posted by MeatShield
Me and others have used: "carbon based error"

a classic example... an old co-worker of mine was trying to resolve an issue over the phone... the end user (I was working computer support for a large local business at the time) was complaining that her mouse was in the middle of the mouse pad, but that her cursor on her screen was in the upper left corner.. my friend continued to open a trouble ticket and explained to the user that we would dispatch a tech to replace her existing mousepad with a 17" one that would be compatable with her 17" monitor. A classic "carbon based error" .. some people should simply not own or work with a pc...

Yeah man, my friend worked at tech support somewhere I forget exactly where, but a lady called up and told him that her brand new computer wouldn't start up. So worried he asked "What do you do to start it?, are the plugs all plugged in?" and she says "No the foot petal won't start the computer." After he finally thought this out and asked her again he realized she had her shoe off and the mouse was on the floor and she was moving it around with her feet trying to start the computer. Thats no lie, lol people are so bad.:lol:

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:55 pm

LOL:rotflmao:

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:01 pm

OMG... Just when you thought that you have heard of just about everything... using the mouse as a foot-pedal is definately a first for me.. WOW !!

:beer:

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:20 am

No kidding, and like I said I didn't just make that up because it was hard for me to believe. :lol:

Postby SilverSurfer » Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:25 am

oh my god im an idiot everybody understands that joke :(
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:17 am

?

Postby bayotanzk » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:38 pm

PLay PLay PLay is all I do on my computers, really am not super comp literate, but do have checkbook!!!!!!Program has worked well for about 11 years. Peace and nice joke!!!

Next

Return to The Smokin' Room