Iceman's Top Ten Albums

Off topic, but don't go too far overboard - after all, we are watching...heh.
iceman41

Iceman's Top Ten Albums

Postby iceman41 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:01 pm

Interesting thread on music spured me to this. Here's Iceman's personal top 10 albums of all time (note the word personal!!)

1) U2- The Joshua Tree
2) Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti
3) The Police- Outlandis D'amour
4) Beastie Boys- Ill Communication
5) Public Enemy- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
6) The Clash- The Clash
7) Devo- Q: Are We Not Men A: We Are Devo
8) The Cars- The Cars
9) The Cure- Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
10) The English Beat- Just Can't Stop It

Probably only those over 25 have heard any of these.... however, most of these albums are completely wall to wall.

What are yours??

Regards, Iceman41

Postby Giggles » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:07 pm

Hmmm, I dont know what my top 10 fave albums are, But I have every Reo Speedwagon and Air Supply album ever released. (Don't laugh!) I guess I like most AOR of the eighties, and a bit of Whitney Houston.

Best Regards,
Giggles.:lol:

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:32 pm

Beastie Boys- Ill Communication this is the best album in the history of any music :D :D

iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:13 pm

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:38 pm

The fuckin Cure.....my God man, what happened to ur balls.........No VH...No Stones....No Ozzy....No Who......The fuckin Cure is what you have, any album named Kiss Me, gotta come with a Chippindale dancer on the cover..... :D

off

Postby off » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:40 pm

In no particular order:

1) Pink Floyd - The Wall
2) The Who - Who's Next
3) Nirvana - Nevermind
4) REM - Out of Time
5) The Best of the Doors
6) U2 - The Joshua Tree
7) Genesis - Genesis
8) Genesis - Invisible Touch
9) Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
10) The Who - Tommy

:)

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:12 am

Here's a few of my favs in no order.

Rolling Stones-Let it Bleed

Doors- In Concert

Sublime-Greatest Hits(explicit)

The Who- Who's next

Van Halen- Van Halen2

Led Zeppelin-Houses of the Holy

Ozzy-Blizzard of Oz

iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:52 am

Can't include greatest hits or concert albums, they aren't real "albums" (my rules). "Van Halen II" is on my honorable mention list. Zep's "Houses of the Holy" is my 2nd favorite Zep album, and also makes my honorable mention list. The Cure is a VERY underated band, their influence on music in the 80's- 90's can't be understated. "Kiss Me" makes my list because I consider it their strongest effort, a double lp which doesn't have a single weak song. Bad call Boo, you should check it out. Stones are very respectable, Sticky Fingers is on my honorable mention list. I just am not a very big fan of the Who's, although I do appreciate "Tommy" and "Who's Next" as strong rock albums, overall. Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and Nirvana's "Nevermind" are absolutely right on the fringe of my top 10.... great albums without a doubt. Any Rem inclusion needs to be "Murmer" or "Document" before "Out of Time", imo.

Other honorable mentions- Prince and the Revolution- Purple Rain, 10,000 Maniacs- In My Tribe, Traffic- John Barlycorn Must Die, Genesis- Duke, Fleetwood Mac- Rumors, Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge Over Troubled Water (don't laugh, this is truly a great album).

What else are we forgetting?

Ice41

Postby Giggles » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:25 pm

Rainbow....!
"Down to Earth" Album includes "Since you've been gone" and "All night Long".
Could be classed as a pretty good album......

Giggles.
:lol:

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:02 pm

Good point Ice bout greatest hits not bein real, but Doors version of "Gloria" on In Concert album mite be the best damn song ever, imo. Another one I forgot to list is GnR Appetite for Destruction, 1 of my all time best.......I'm not sayin a word bout that Simon and Garfunkel pick..........Tastes are a little different, I find myself not even listening to the albums that I have listed......Groups like Disturbed,Korn,even new Chili Peppers I like. I've heard the Cure just not a fan.....but to each his own. You know I was only bustin ur balls?

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:19 pm

i going to leave out zepp, sabbath, ac/dc, and hendrix to make room for other bands.

1. Rage against the machine-self titled album(folks, they dont make them much better than this)

2.soundgarden-the superunknown(ditto)

3.nirvana-nevermind(its nirvana...nuff said)

4.metallica-black album(unforgiven,sad but true,enter sandman...im surprised noone has mentioned this album yet)

5.creed-my own prison(wall to wall good songs)

6.kid rock-devil without a cause(hes from detroit...nuff said:D )

7.ozzy-ozzmosis( hes the ozzman)

8.pearl jam-ten(jeremy,alive,even flow)

9.smashing pumpkins-mellon collie and the infinite sadness("despite all of my rage, i am still just a rat in a cage")

10.outkast-stankonia(this is rap, but it is a really great album)

ps: honorable mention goes to tool-lateralus(man, this is a really great sounding album)

angrybrit

Postby angrybrit » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:02 pm

7.ozzy-ozzmosis( hes the ozzman)

Yes that's my favorite Ozzy album. He is the KING of hard rock/metal. Long live OZZY!!!

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:15 pm

Good picks edogg I agree Metallica has several albums that could make anyones list. Fuel was a good album as well. I also agree with Col. on Sublime that was a great album every song on there is good. And Outkast stankonia is I think one of the best rap albums in a while.:D Another mention is Nelly's album Country Grammar. Oh and of course Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg Chronic. And for u Country Fans Diamond Rio IV is good and so is Blackhawk (self titled) And Alan Jackson Dont Rock the Jukebox. I know I have a wide range of taste in music. LOL. :D :D

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:24 pm

in no order.........

Nirvana - nevermind (or any album for that matter)
Queens of the Stonage - Rated "R" for Everybody
Queens of the Stonage - Songs for the Deaf
Tool - (place album name here)
Marilyn Manson - Anti-Christ Svper star
At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Level - Devil's Advocate
Argyle Park - Misguided
Switchblade Symphony - (Any Album again :p)

more but all equal so those are my favorites...:roll:

ok and creed is the worst watery crap I ever heard, no offence to the people who listen to it. Just take someone who thinks they know everything and have him take a new age metalica song and add 1/2 cup water and you get creeds lead singer and creed's music. :P S'ok edogg, I don't want you angry your a kewl guy.

iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:32 pm

All Edoggs picks are very strong. I'm a big Smashing Pumpkins fan. You prefer "Meloncholy" over "Siamese Dreams"?(Zero is one of my favorite songs, though) I also prefer "Evil Empire" over Rage's first release, although I know most go the other way.

I think Boo is confusing The Cure with Culture Club (lol).

Don't know how I overlooked any Metallica albums.... my bad.

As always....... AXIS, BOLD AS LOVE....

I41

Next

Return to The Smokin' Room